National Physical Fitness & Sports Month
It’s National Physical Fitness & Sports Month! The President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition is excited to keep the journey from #0to60 going by encouraging everyone to #MoveInMay.
This May, stay motivated with the President's Council's Presidential Champions and Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA+) programs! Each program allows you to track your daily physical activity and earn awards.
There are countless ways to get moving and we are asking our partners to help us inspire all Americans to be active. We’ve created this #MoveInMay Playbook where you can find themes, tips and motivational messages that you can promote throughout the month. You can also get ideas to #MoveInMay and every day at 0to60fitness.org!
Play #1: Spread the Word about National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
Play #2: National PE & Sport Week (May 1-7)
Play #3: Get Ready for Bike to School Day (May 10)
Play #4: Motivate Women to Be Active for National Women's Health Week (May 14-20)
Play #5: Celebrate the I Can Do It, You Can Do It! Anniversary (May 21)
Play #6: Senior Health & Fitness Day (May 31)
#MoveInMay for National Physical Fitness & Sports Month. Get @FitnessGov's tips to #MoveInMay & every day at 0to60fitness.org.
- May is Natl Physical Fitness & Sports Month! Get out, get active & show how you #MoveInMay #0to60
- Follow @FitnessGov during Natl Physical Fitness & Sports Month for tips on being active & healthy #MoveInMay #0to60
- Need ideas to celebrate Natl Physical Fitness & Sports Month? Check out @FitnessGov #MoveInMay Playbook: https://go.usa.gov/x58mx
- Get inspired to be active during Natl Physical Fitness & Sports Month and beyond! See tips from @FitnessGov: https://go.usa.gov/x58mx
May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month! Get inspired to #MoveInMay with the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutriton. Visit https://go.usa.gov/x58mx. #MoveInMay #0to60
- It's PE & #Sport Week. Celebrate by getting in the game. Go play! #MoveInMay #0to60
- DYK: Active kids do better! #MoveInMay w/ #sports + PE. #0to60
It's National PE & Sport Week! DYK: Physical education and sports can help kids perform better in and out of school. Help kids thrive by encouraging them to be active. #MoveInMay #0to60
Share the image to the right in your social media messages. Be sure to tag @Fitnessgov and use the hashtags #MoveInMay & #0to60. Click the image to enlarge.
- Today is Natl Bike to School Day! Take part, be smart, and most importantly be active! #MoveInMay #0to60
- Wishing all the riders a fun and safe Natl Bike to School Day! Enjoy your ride to school. #MoveInMay #0to60
Are you ready to ride? It’s National Bike to School Day! Enjoy a day of safe travels and physical activity #MoveInMay #0to60
Share the image to the left in your social media messages and be sure to tag @Fitnessgov and use the hashtags #MoveInMay and #0to60. Click the image to enlarge.
Text alternative for the National Bike to School Day graphic:
@FitnessGov tips to go from #0to60 on Bike to School Day: Check your bike -- Make sure your ties are inflated and brakes work properly. Adjust the fit -- Adjust your bike seat and handle bars to best fit you. Safety first -- Strap on your helmet and make sure it's secure. Make it a group ride -- Ask parents and friends to ride with you. Pay attention -- watch out for hazards and obey street signs.
- Ladies, be active at every age! Exercise supports your health throughout life. #NWHW #MoveinMay womenshealth.gov/nwhw/
- Attention women! Are you bored w/your exercise routine? Try something new like, tennis or hiking #NWHW womenshealth.gov/nwhw/ #MoveInMay
- Women need 2.5 hrs of moderate activity every wk. Get ideas to get moving: https://go.usa.gov/x58mx #MoveInMay #NWHW
- We make 200 food decisions a day. Make the next choice a healthy choice: womenshealth.gov/nwhw/ #MoveInMay #NWHW
- It’s National Women’s Health Week! Challenge yourself to be active. Don’t be afraid to try a new activity, like hiking or tennis. For more: go.usa.gov/3WyEH #NWHW #MoveInMay
- Find how to improve and maintain your health at any age: go.usa.gov/3WyEH. #NWHW #MoveInMay
Share the images to the right in your social media messages and be sure to tag @Fitnessgov and use the hashtags #NWHW, #MoveInMay and/or #0to60. Click the image to enlarge.
Text alternative for National Women's Health Week physical activity graphic:
5 @FitnessGov Tips to Help You #MoveInMay & Every Day: Vary your activities & you'll never be bored. Walk, bike, dance - just move! Break things up -- try a few short 10-minute activities during the day. Schedule time to be active just like you schedule appointments. Turn activities into social occasions by inviting friends. If you have children, join them for active playtime.
Text alternative for National Women's Health Week healthy eating graphic:
Did you know? We make 200 decisions about food each day. @FitnessGov has tips to help you move to healthier eating choices: Eat whole-grain bread instead of white bread, and brown rice instead of white rice. Try whole fruit, like apples and oranges, instead of fruit bars or fruit-flavored snacks. Drink water, seltzer, or unsweetened tea instead of energy or fruit drinks or soda. Visit WomensHealth.Gov for more on #NWHW
Happy 4th Anniversary #ICDI! Learn about what #InclusionMeans: 1.usa.gov/Sg7lMI #ICDI
All kids and adults deserve opportunities to be active and eat healthy. But did you know that people with disabilities get less physical activity and have higher obesity rates? Learn how you can make a difference in community with #ICDI: www.fitness.gov
Share the image to the left in your social media messages. Be sure to tag @Fitnessgov and use the hashtags #ICDI, #MoveInMay & #0to60. Click the image to enlarge.
Text alternative for I Can Do It, You Can Do It! Anniversary graphic:
@FitnessGov is celebrating! 4 years of creating opportunities for ALL to be active & eat healthy. 130 ICDI sites in 36 states across the U.S. 15,000 teachers, students & volunteers trained. 400,000 individuals with disability and their families impacted.
May is also Older Americans Month!
- Happy Senior Health & Fitness Day! Learn more about healthy aging in action from @surgeon_general: http://bit.ly/2jC2t2J #MoveInMay #0to60
- It’s Older Americans Month! For info about keeping older Americans active & healthy, visit @NIAGo4Life. https://go4life.nia.nih.gov/
Happy Senior Health & Fitness Day! Learn more about healthy aging in action from the @USSurgeonGeneral report: http://bit.ly/2jC2t2J #MoveInMay #0to60
Share the image to the right in your social media messages and be sure to tag @Fitnessgov and use the hashtags #MoveInMay and #0to60. Click the image to enlarge.
Text alternative for Senior Health & Fitness Day graphic:
4 exercise types you need to know to move & age with grace: Flexibility exercise to stretch your muscles & help you stay limber; Endurance activities to increase your breathing and heart rate; Strength exercises to make your muscles stronger; Balance exercises to help prevent falls, a common problem in older adults.
Now that you know the plays, we hope you're ready to get in the game! Stay tuned to Fitness.gov for information on National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. Be sure to visit our blog throughout May for the latest tips, ideas and announcements to #MoveInMay!
Recent Blog Posts
Explore ways you can enjoy living a healthy and active life.Learn more about #0to60 campaign