About the Office of the CTO
It is the mission of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to catalyze innovation across HHS to improve health and well-being of the nation.
We fulfill that mission by serving as the thought leaders for business process and technology innovation. We convene key opinion leaders and stakeholders from academia, government, and industry, accelerating the development of solutions that will help all Americans.
The office seeks to instill a culture of innovation at HHS through building innovative partnerships, harnessing the power of data, and empowering HHS staff with the skills and tools to support a nimble government entity.
Our approach to the challenge of creating a culture of innovation is to help HHS employees and leaders shine a spotlight on a problem, and then invite innovators, researchers, students, patients, providers, problem solvers and the private sector to contribute their expertise. We also provide HHS employees an entrepreneurial environment to test and develop their ideas for improving a program or process at the Department.
- Lead by Example
- Empower People with "Yes, And!" Ideas
- Innovate and Design With (not for) Customers
- Think Big, Go Big
- Default to Transparency
- Use a "startup mindset" with the goal of proving return on investment
- Look to scale solutions using Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) with a proven track record
- De-risk complex problems to create & move markets
- Act with agility and responsiveness to deliver real-world impact and wins
- Leverage resources across sections to meet the meeting of the department
Our initiatives focus on building a culture of innovation at HHS while helping the Department to deliver on its mission.