CARES Act Provider Relief Fund: Data
View a list of providers who received a payment from the Provider Relief Fund and attested to the terms and conditions.
General Distribution ($50 billion)
$50 billion is allocated proportional to providers' share of 2018 net patient revenue. The allocation methodology is designed to provide relief to providers, who bill Medicare fee-for-service, with at least 2% of that provider's gross patient revenue regardless of the provider's payer mix. Payments are determined based on the lesser of 2% of a provider's 2018 (or most recent complete tax year) net patient revenue or the sum of incurred losses for March and April.
Information about the Initial $30 Billion Distribution
On April 10, 2020, HHS immediately distributed $30 billion to eligible providers throughout the American healthcare system. These are payments, not loans, to healthcare providers, and do not need to be repaid.
- Read the breakdown of the initial $30 billion general distribution by State - PDF*.
- Read the breakdown of the initial $30 billion general distribution by Congressional District - PDF*.
*Note that these breakdowns show the amount allocated to billing organizations for eligible recipients based on the billing organizations' address, not necessarily the state where the providers are operating.
HHS is allocating funding to hospitals that have a high number of confirmed COVID-19 positive inpatient admissions.
- View the list of providers who received payment from the COVID-19 High-Impact Allocation of the Provider Relief Fund.
- Read the breakdown of the first round of $12 billion high-impact distribution by State and County - PDF*.
$11 Billion Rural Distribution
HHS is distributing $10 billion to rural hospitals, including rural acute care general hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), Rural Health Clinics (RHCs), and Community Health Centers located in rural areas. HHS also provided an addition $1 billion for specialty rural hospitals, urban hospitals with certain rural Medicare designations, and hospitals in small metropolitan areas.
- Read the breakdown of the $10 billion rural distribution by State - PDF*.
- Read the breakdown of the $1 billion additional specialty distribution by State*
$4.9 Billion Distribution to Skilled Nursing Facilities
HHS is distributing $4.9 billion in provider relief funds to skilled nursing facilities to help nursing homes keep the seniors they care for safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Read the breakdown of the $4.9 billion distribution to skilled nursing facilities by State*.
$13 Billion Safety Net Hospital/Acute Care Distribution
HHS is distributing $10 billion in Provider Relief Funds to safety net hospitals that serve our most vulnerable citizens.
- Read the breakdown of the $10 billion safety net hospital distribution by State*.
HHS is distributing and additional $3 billion in Provider Relief Funds to acute care hospitals or hospitals serving a large percentage of vulnerable populations on thin margins.
- Read the breakdown of the $3 billion acute care distribution by State*
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment of Uninsured Individuals
HRSA is providing reimbursements to healthcare providers for the testing and treatment of uninsured COVID-19 individuals on or after February 4, 2020.
- View the list of providers who have received a reimbursement from the Allocation for Uninsured individuals of the FFCRA Relief Fund and/or Provider Relief Fund.
Explore the COVID-19 Funding Data
Emergency funding and stimulus packages were passed to support the response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Provider Relief Funding is being delivered to providers across the country.
*This content is in the process of Section 508 review. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to PRFdata@hrsa.gov. Content will be updated pending the outcome of the Section 508 review.