View a list of providers who received a payment from the Provider Relief Fund and attested to the terms and conditions.
Phase 1 General Distribution ($50 billion)
$50 billion was initially allocated proportional to providers' share of 2018 net patient revenue. This number was revised to $46 billion. The allocation methodology was designed to provide relief to providers who bill Medicare fee-for-service with a payment of 2 percent of the provider's gross patient revenue regardless of the provider's payer mix. Payments were determined proportional to providers' share of annual patient revenue.
Information about the Initial $30 Billion of the Phase 1 Distribution
Two weeks after enactment of the CARES Act, on April 10, 2020, HHS distributed $30 billion to eligible Medicare providers.
- Read the breakdown of the initial $30 billion general distribution by State - PDF*.
- Read the breakdown of the initial $30 billion general distribution by Congressional District - PDF*.
*Note that these breakdowns show the amount allocated to billing organizations for eligible recipients based on the billing organizations' address, not necessarily the state where the providers are operating.
Phase 2 General Distribution
State-by-state data is not available at this time.
Phase 3 General Distribution ($24.5 Billion)
HHS made $24.5 billion in new funding available from existing PRF funds for Phase 3 General Distribution allocation. Providers are funded for a baseline 2 percent annual patient care revenue plus an add-on that considers financial losses and changes in operating expenses caused by the coronavirus.
- Read the breakdown by State*. This data will continue to be updated until the full allocation has been distributed.
HHS allocated funding to hospitals that had a high number of confirmed COVID-19 positive inpatient admissions as of April and June.
- View the list of providers who received payment from the COVID-19 High-Impact Allocation of the Provider Relief Fund.
- Read the breakdown of the first round of $12 billion high-impact distribution by State and County*.
- Read the breakdown on the second round of high-impact distribution by State*.
Over $13 Billion Safety Net Hospitals Distribution
HHS distributed $10 billion in Provider Relief Funds to safety net hospitals that serve our most vulnerable citizens.
- Read the breakdown of the $10 billion safety net hospital distribution by state*.
HHS distributed an additional $3 billion in Provider Relief Funds to acute care hospitals or hospitals operating on thin margins serving a large percentage of vulnerable populations.
- Read the breakdown of the $3 billion acute care distribution by state*.
HHS is distributing an additional $1.1 billion in Provider Relief Funds to children's hospitals so they can continue to care for children and operate safely.
- Read the breakdown of the $1.1 billion children's hospital distribution by state*.
$11.1 Billion Rural Distribution
HHS is distributing $10 billion to rural hospitals, including rural acute care general hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), Rural Health Clinics (RHCs), and Community Health Centers located in rural areas. HHS is providing an additional $1 billion for specialty rural hospitals, urban hospitals with certain rural Medicare designations, and hospitals in small metropolitan areas.
- Read the breakdown of the $10 billion rural distribution by State - PDF*.
- Read the breakdown of the $1.1 billion additional specialty distribution by State*.
Distributions to Skilled Nursing Facilities/Nursing Homes
HHS is distributing a series of funding to nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities across the nation. These funding will help combat the devastating effects of this pandemic.
- Read the breakdown of the $4.9 billion distribution to skilled nursing facilities by State*.
- Read the breakdown of the $2.5 billion distribution to skilled nursing facilities/nursing homes by State*.
The Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program rewards nursing homes that create and maintain safe environments for their residents.
- Read a state-by-state breakdown of the fourth round December payments for Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program*.
- Read a state-by-state breakdown of the third round November payments for Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program*.
- Read a state-by-state breakdown of the second round October payments for Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program*.
- Read a state-by-state breakdown of the first round September payments from the Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program*.
- View the list of nursing home facilities who received payment from the Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program of the Provider Relief Fund. This data will continue to be updated.
Over $500 Million Distribution to tribal hospitals, clinics, and urban health centers
On May 22, 2020, HHS announced an allocation in payments from the Provider Relief Fund to the Indian Health Service and tribal hospitals, clinics, and urban health centers to support the tribal response to COVID-19.
- Read the breakdown of the $520 million Indian Health Service and tribal payments by state*.
COVID-19 Testing, Treatment, Vaccination of Uninsured Individuals
HRSA is providing reimbursements to healthcare providers for the testing, treatment and vaccination of uninsured COVID-19 individuals.
- View the list of providers who have received a reimbursement from the Allocation for Uninsured individuals of the FFCRA Relief Fund and/or Provider Relief Fund.
Explore the COVID-19 Funding Data
Emergency funding and stimulus packages were passed to support the response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Provider Relief Funding is being delivered to providers across the country.
*This content is in the process of Section 508 review. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to PRFdata@hrsa.gov. Content will be updated pending the outcome of the Section 508 review.