View a list of providers who received a payment from the Provider Relief Fund and attested to the terms and conditions.
General Distribution ($50 billion)
$50 billion is allocated proportional to providers' share of 2018 net patient revenue. The allocation methodology is designed to provide relief to providers, who bill Medicare fee-for-service, with at least 2% of that provider's gross patient revenue regardless of the provider's payer mix. Payments are determined based on the lesser of 2% of a provider's 2018 (or most recent complete tax year) net patient revenue or the sum of incurred losses for March and April.
$24.5 Billion Phase 3 General Distribution
HHS has made $24.5 billion in new funding available for Phase 3 General Distribution allocation. Providers are being funded for a baseline patient care payment plus an add-on that considers financial losses and changes in operating expenses caused by the coronavirus.
- Read the breakdown by State*. This data will continue to be updated until the full allocation has been distributed.
Information about the Initial $30 Billion Distribution
On April 10, 2020, HHS immediately distributed $30 billion to eligible providers throughout the American healthcare system. These are payments, not loans, to healthcare providers, and do not need to be repaid.
- Read the breakdown of the initial $30 billion general distribution by State - PDF*.
- Read the breakdown of the initial $30 billion general distribution by Congressional District - PDF*.
*Note that these breakdowns show the amount allocated to billing organizations for eligible recipients based on the billing organizations' address, not necessarily the state where the providers are operating.
HHS is allocating funding to hospitals that have a high number of confirmed COVID-19 positive inpatient admissions.
- View the list of providers who received payment from the COVID-19 High-Impact Allocation of the Provider Relief Fund.
- Read the breakdown of the first round of $12 billion high-impact distribution by State and County*.
- Read the breakdown on the second round of high-impact distribution by State*.
$11 Billion Rural Distribution
HHS is distributing $10 billion to rural hospitals, including rural acute care general hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), Rural Health Clinics (RHCs), and Community Health Centers located in rural areas. HHS is providing an additional $1 billion for specialty rural hospitals, urban hospitals with certain rural Medicare designations, and hospitals in small metropolitan areas.
- Read the breakdown of the $10 billion rural distribution by State - PDF*.
- Read the breakdown of the $1 billion additional specialty distribution by State*.
Distributions to Skilled Nursing Facilities/Nursing Homes
HHS is distributing a series of funding to nursing homes and skilled nursing facilities across the nation. These funding will help combat the devastating effects of this pandemic.
- Read the breakdown of the $4.9 billion distribution to skilled nursing facilities by State*.
- Read the breakdown of the $2.5 billion distribution to skilled nursing facilities/nursing homes by State*.
The Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program rewards nursing homes that create and maintain safe environments for their residents.
- Read a state-by-state breakdown of the fourth round December payments for Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program*.
- Read a state-by-state breakdown of the third round November payments for Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program*.
- Read a state-by-state breakdown of the second round October payments for Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program*.
- Read a state-by-state breakdown of the first round September payments from the Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program*.
- View the list of nursing home facilities who received payment from the Nursing Home Quality Incentive Program of the Provider Relief Fund. This data will continue to be updated.
$14.4 Billion Safety Net Hospitals Distribution
HHS distributed $10 billion in Provider Relief Funds to safety net hospitals that serve our most vulnerable citizens.
- Read the breakdown of the $10 billion safety net hospital distribution by State*.
HHS distributed an additional $3 billion in Provider Relief Funds to acute care hospitals or hospitals serving a large percentage of vulnerable populations on thin margins.
- Read the breakdown of the $3 billion acute care distribution by State*.
HHS is distributing an additional $1.4 billion in Provider Relief Funds to children's hospitals so they can continue to care for children and operate safely.
- Read the breakdown of the $1.4 billion children's hospital distribution by State*.
$500 Million Distribution to tribal hospitals, clinics, and urban health centers
On May 22, 2020, HHS announced a $500 million allocation in payments from the Provider Relief Fund to the Indian Health Service (IHS) and tribal hospitals, clinics, and urban health centers to support the tribal response to COVID-19.
- Read the breakdown of the $500 million IHS and tribal payments by State*.
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment of Uninsured Individuals
HRSA is providing reimbursements to healthcare providers for the testing and treatment of uninsured COVID-19 individuals on or after February 4, 2020.
- View the list of providers who have received a reimbursement from the Allocation for Uninsured individuals of the FFCRA Relief Fund and/or Provider Relief Fund.
Explore the COVID-19 Funding Data
Emergency funding and stimulus packages were passed to support the response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Provider Relief Funding is being delivered to providers across the country.
*This content is in the process of Section 508 review. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to PRFdata@hrsa.gov. Content will be updated pending the outcome of the Section 508 review.