Please note: This course will take approximately 30 minutes to complete; do not refresh your browser window or you will have to begin again. Instead, use the next/previous buttons to work your way through the course.
It’s not always easy to speak with young people about sensitive topics, such as reproductive health or teen pregnancy. This course provides staff working with young people a concrete protocol and steps that can be followed to ease discomfort and create an open, supportive environment for sharing.
This course covers the following areas:
- Purpose and objectives of the online course
- Distinguishing among values, beliefs and facts
- Managing personal beliefs, personal values and facts
- Using the Values Question Protocol Tool to answer values-based questions
- Course summary
Course Goal and Objectives
The course goal is to strengthen skills for identifying and communicating about challenging topics in reproductive health.
By the end of this online course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the difference between a fact, a belief, and a value;
- Answer value-based questions using the Values Question Protocol; and
- Identify sources of medically accurate reproductive health information.