November 2018: Get Involved with TAG to Improve Adolescent Health
The national call to action, Adolescent Health: Think, Act, Grow® (TAG), led by the HHS Office of Adolescent Health (OAH), calls upon organizations and individuals working with teens to prioritize activities that enhance adolescents’ physical, social, emotional, and mental health. TAG identifies Five Essentials for Healthy Adolescents that all young people need to grow and thrive, and the TAG Playbook offers concrete action steps that stakeholders can take. In this issue of OAH Bulletin, learn more about TAG, how you or your organization can get involved, and new resources you can use to share TAG with your colleagues and networks.
TAG, You're It!
Connect with TAG and learn about efforts to improve adolescent health and healthy development throughout the United States:
TAG: How You Can Help Video
Watch a new, award-winning 90-second video with your colleagues to learn more about how youth-serving professionals, families, and adolescents can use the TAG framework to support adolescent health. The video recently received a 2018 MarCom Gold award from the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals. We hope you’ll share the video with your networks.
Spread the Word About Joining TAG
Working with partners, OAH hopes to spur action at the national, state, community, and family levels to promote adolescent health. The TAG Toolkit was recently updated and has many resources to help you join TAG and spread the word. It is free to download and contains links to the following:
- TAG Fact Sheet: Use this one-pager to learn more about TAG.
- TAG Slide Deck: Tailor these sample slides to show at presentations and meetings and raise awareness about adolescent health and TAG.
- TAG Toolkit Sample Blog Text: Use or adapt the blog text to share information about TAG and examples from your program.
- TAG Toolkit Sample Social Media Posts: Use any of the sample Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook posts to raise awareness about adolescent health and TAG.
- TAG Talks Videos: Use the TAG Talks videos and accompanying discussion guides for meetings, trainings, discussions, or presentations that feature the latest research from leading adolescent health experts. Topics include:
Content last reviewed on December 14, 2018