April 2018: A National Call to Action on Adolescent Health
Four years ago, the HHS Office of Adolescent Health (OAH) launched a national call to action to improve adolescent health. Adolescent Health: Think, Grow, Act® (TAG) calls on all of us to make the health, safety, and healthy development of adolescents a priority. A cornerstone of this effort is the TAG Playbook, which outlines actions that youth-serving professionals, families, and youth can take to promote and prioritize adolescent health.
OAH has released an updated TAG Playbook with the latest research and data on adolescent health and development. A new section highlights how workforce development professionals can influence adolescent health outcomes and includes action steps to support this goal. The Playbook also now includes information about adolescents with disabilities, as well as tips to help this population navigate the complex health and service delivery systems.
The TAG Playbook can be downloaded from the OAH website. To order free bulk copies of the TAG Playbook, please email TAGTeam@hhs.gov.
Four Ways to Get Involved in TAG
The TAG Playbook showcases information about America’s adolescents and offers action steps and related resources to help organizations and individuals join the TAG call to action. Interested parties can:
- Talk about TAG. Share information about TAG with friends and colleagues.
- Take action. TAG offers action steps different organizations and individuals can take to improve adolescent health. Check the OAH website for TAG actions for professionals, families, and teens.
- Share your success. Tell us about your successful strategies for improving adolescent health and we may feature them in our newsletters or on our website. Visit our TAG in Action section to see examples.
- Be Social. Join the conversation on Twitter.
- Follow @TeenHealthGov and use #TAG42Mil.
- Use the sample tweets below to share TAG:
- Work with teens? Help improve their health and healthy development! http://1.usa.gov/1zR019X #TAG42mil
- Do you care about teens? Join Adolescent Health: Think, Act, Grow®(TAG)! http://1.usa.gov/1zR019X #TAG42mil
- All of us can help adolescents grow to be healthy & strong. Join the TAG call to action! http://1.usa.gov/1zR019X #TAG42mil
- There are 42 mil teens in the U.S. That’s 42 mil opportunities to improve health! http://1.usa.gov/1zR019X #TAG42mil
Content last reviewed on August 23, 2018