The Partnership Center Community Resources
The Partnership Center has produced toolkits, fact sheets and other resources covering a variety of topics to enhance the work of faith-based and community organizations. Scroll through the listings below to download the documents that are best for your faith-based or community organization.
- Partnerships for the Common Good: A Partnership Guide for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Organizations (PDF - 36.28MB) – This Partnership Guide will point you to particular opportunities to form partnerships with Centers for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships across government, as well as helpful information on how to apply for federal grants and access capacity-building resources to support the great work that you are already doing.
- Let’s Move Faith and Communities Toolkit (PDF - 3.2MB) – A guide to help faith-based and neighborhood organizations transform neighborhoods, engage communities and promote healthy choices as part of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative.
- Administration for Children & Families: Guide to Resources and Funding for Community and Faith-based Organizations (PDF - 1.16MB) (Spanish PDF - 1.05 MB) – An overview of the wide range of programs and resources provided by ACF, basic information about finding and applying for federal funds, specific information about ACF’s grant opportunities, and numerous resources and toolkits available for any community or faith-based organization.
- Administration for Children & Families: Presentation from June 21, 2012 Webinar on the Guide to Resources and Funding for Community and Faith-based Organizations (PDF - 1.27MB)
- Administration for Children & Families: Toolkit for Faith-based and Community Organizations – An online resource with helpful links, tools, and information for faith-based and community organizations.
- Faith and Communities Fight Flu (PDF-69KB) (Spanish PDF-120KB) – Five tips for faith and community organizations to play an important role in keeping families and communities healthy.
Health Minister Guides
- Viral Hepatitis: The Silent Epidemic (PDF – 801 KB) – Viral hepatitis is a leading cause of liver cancer in the U.S. In 2013, more people died of hepatitis C than all 60 other infectious diseases reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) combined. This primer is for health ministers and community health leaders. The purpose is to educate communities through hosting screening and linking individuals to care. It also describes free resources and strategies to connect communities around May awareness events and achieve the goals of the national Viral Hepatitis Action Plan.
- Bladder Health: What Health Ministers Need to Know (PDF – 801 KB) – A primer of essential information that prepares faith and community leaders to educate and activate their community on bladder health. Health Ministers and community health activists can improve and support bladder health in their communities.
- Seasonal Flu Guide for Faith-based and Community Organizations (PDF - 719KB) (Spanish PDF - 830KB) – Information for community and faith-based organizations (CFBOs) that know their communities well and can help keep communities healthy during the flu season.
Let's Move Faith and Communities Clearinghouse of Best Practices and Resources:
- The Clearinghouse of Best Practices and Resources offers resources, community practices, curricula and other ideas that we hope will help your community make healthy choices the easy choices! You’ll also find helpful links to federal resources that can help guide your work. Resources and community practices are organized by Wellness Leadership, Healthy Eating, Access to Healthy, Affordable Food, and Physical Activity.
- Sustainability Guide for Grassroots Organizations – SAMHSA has released an effective tool-kit for sustainability ideas and practices for faith-based and community organizations. This kit is very practical and will help organizations aggressively plan for the long-term to keep doing great work in their communities. Topics include financial planning, fund development and raising, evaluations and marketing strategies.
- Toolkit for Faith-based and Community Organizations – An online resource with helpful links, tools, and information for faith-based and community organizations
- Tax information for non-profit 510(c)(3) organizations provided by the IRS – Useful links for FBCOs compiled by the IRS
- US Non-profit Gateway – Useful Federal links for FBCOs compiled by USA.Gov
- Rural Assistance Center Guide RAC helps rural communities and other rural stakeholders access the full range of available programs, funding, and research that can enable them to provide quality health and human services to rural residents
- Full List of Federal Clearinghouses – compiled by the Office on Minority Health, this comprehensive list provides links to federal sites with free resources and information
- Developing a Consumer Health Resource Information Service Program: A Guide for Faith-Based Organizations and Communities (PDF-1.83MB) – This manual is intended to serve as a comprehensive guide for communities, churches and other faith-based entities that want to mobilize resources to develop a Consumer Health Resource Information Service program
- HIV/AIDS a Manual for Faith Communities (PDF - 2.62 MB) – This HIV/AIDS manual for faith leaders was originally developed to target the problem of HIV infection among African Americans and others in the southern region of the United States
- National Clearinghouse for Families and Youth – A free information service for communities, organizations, and individuals interested in developing new and effective strategies for supporting young people and their families
- National Healthy Marriage Resource Center – A clearinghouse for information, resources, and training on healthy marriage for experts, researchers, policymakers, media, marriage educators, couples and individuals, program providers, and others.
- National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse – A clearinghouse providing access to print and electronic publications, timely information on fatherhood issues, and targeted resources that support OFA-funded Responsible Fatherhood and Healthy Marriage grantees
Locate Current Providers in Your Area:
- Locate a Federally-Funded HRSA Health Center
- Locate a Family and Youth Services Bureau Program
- Locate a SAMHSA Substance Abuse Treatment Facility
- Locate SAMHSA Mental Health Services