HR Solutions Overview:
HR Solutions’ mission is to develop robust human resources (HR) systems that enable the Department to make data-driven and informed decisions that improve the way they attract, retain, and recognize a high performing workforce.
HR Solutions’ work is focused on establishing the foundation for achieving the workforce management-technology goal: Developing a core accounting/HR/payroll/time and labor functionality across the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
In addition, HR Solutions is the business owner for HHS’ enterprise-wide HR information technology (HRIT) systems and interfaces, supporting approximately 84,000 personnel under Titles 5, 38, and 42.
HR Solutions is organized as follows:
- Customer care – provides payroll and time and attendance tiers 1, 2, and 3 customer support to the Department; works with the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS); develops policy; and supports FLSA remediation claims
- Executive support – provides administrative, financial, governance, and independent verification and validation (IV&V) support
- HR analytics – provides Department-wide HR-related analysis and reporting required to fulfill external and internal reporting requirements
- Program management office – manages the multi-year Enterprise Human Capital Management (EHCM) investment
- Operations and maintenance – provides ongoing support for over 15 HR-related Department-wide systems; manages the change control process; manages licenses and service level agreements; works with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO); and serves as the lead for the Department-wide upgrade to USAStaffing
- Resource management – provides acquisition management, including management of a cadre of contract officer representatives (COR) I, II, and III; budget forecasting, planning, and management; emergency operations and management; facilities, office, and program management; and talent acquisition, development, and succession planning
- Strategic communications and stakeholder engagement – plans and manages change-management, communications, and outreach support with external and internal stakeholders