HHS 508 Lab
The Digital Communications Division has assembled a 508 Lab with a collection of assistive and evaluative technologies for use by OpDivs and StaffDivs.
Accessible PDF files- Adobe Professional XI
- Remediate existing or create new accessible PDFs and forms
- Check accessibility, edit tags and reading order for complex page layouts or unusual page elements
Section 508 PDF Plug-In- Commonlook
- Step-by-step guide through evaluation and repair of PDF files according to Section 508 standards.
- Simplify evaluation of forms and tagging tables
- Test web pages and files with a screen reader for accessibility for people with visual disabilities
Voice Recognition Program- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Test web pages and files for accessibility for people with dexterity disabilities by using voice to browse Web pages and edit forms
Contact Anthony Prematta in DCD at (202) 708-0101 to schedule a time to use the lab. Please indicate which software you are interested in using and if you would like a tutorial.
Content last reviewed on June 9, 2015