HHS 508 Lab
The Digital Communications Division has assembled a 508 Lab with a collection of assistive and evaluative technologies for use by OpDivs and StaffDivs.
Accessible PDF files- Adobe Acrobat Professional 9.0 extended
- Remediate existing or create new accessible PDFs and forms
- Check accessibility, edit tags and reading order for complex page layouts or unusual page elements
Section 508 PDF Plug-In- Commonlook
- Step-by-step guide through evaluation and repair of PDF files according to Section 508 standards.
- Simplify evaluation of forms and tagging tables
- Test web pages and files with a screen reader for accessibility for people with visual disabilities
Voice Recognition Program- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Test web pages and files for accessibility for people with dexterity disabilities by using voice to browse Web pages and edit forms
Magnification and Reading software- Zoomtext
- Improve clarity of text and graphics with color, contrast and brightness enhancements, and increase visibility of mouse pointer and cursor with size and color enhancement
Contact Cristopher Broyles in DCD at (202) 708-0101 to schedule a time to use the lab. Please indicate which software you are interested in using and if you would like a tutorial.
Content last reviewed on October 20, 2014