Transit Subsidy Program Management
Transportation Services, a division of Program Support Center’s (PSC), provides shared government employee transportation services to federal agencies under charter from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Transportation Services’ offers government -employee transit subsidy benefit program services, featuring end-to-end lifecycle management and support services to customer agencies to provide their employees monthly commuter benefits. Benefits can be provided for mass transit, Bike 2 Work, or parking.
Transportation Services distributes and manages the GO!card® for individual commuters to receive and utilize their monthly benefit. For employees who use transit service providers not equipped to accept electronic payment, Transportation Services will provide an alternate payment solution.
The GO!card® is a transit subsidy charge card that permits the cardholder to purchase transit passes, vouchers or other fare media for subway, bus, train and/or ferry service directly from transit vendor(s). It is preferred form of fare media because benefits are automatically refreshed to the card monthly, eliminating the need for monthly distribution of vouchers or fare cards and the waste associated with expired vouchers.
Use your GO!card to:
- Purchase monthly passes online or link your GO!card to a reloadable transit card such as a Chicago Card Plus, EASY Card, SmarTrip Card, ORCA, BreezeCard or Charlie Card.
- Purchase transit media directly from your transit provider from ticket windows, ticket voucher machines (TVMs) or by mail.
In limited instances, transit subsidy recipients may use a transportation vendor that does not accept charge cards as a form of payment. In those instances, the participant must contact email@example.com to receive benefits via mail order fulfillment.
GO!card Cardholder Key Points:
- The GO!card® is exclusively for the purchase of monthly transit media.
- Your benefit amount is automatically available on your GO!card® each month. You no longer need to pick up monthly/quarterly benefits.
- Benefits will be available on the 23rd of each month and will remain available through the 22nd of the following month. It is recommended that benefits be purchased by the 15th of each month.
- Unused monthly transit benefits expire at the end of each month.
- You are required to complete a GO!card® cardholder agreement that will communicate the parameters of the program and validate your contact information.
- Your name will appear on the GO!card® issued to you.
- The maximum amount available on the card each month is equal to the maximum amount of your monthly transit subsidy.
- You are not responsible for the bill and will not receive a statement.
- This charge card will not appear on your credit report.
The transit benefit is a subsidy. Each time you use your GO!card®, you certify:
- I am employed by the Federal Government.
- I am eligible for a public transportation fare benefit.
- I will only use the transit benefit for my daily commute to and from work.
- I will not give, sell or transfer my transit benefit to anyone else.
- I will not use the Government-provided transit benefit in excess of the statutory limit.
- I will not include parking fees in the computation of the daily, weekly or monthly commuting cost.
Welcome to the GO!card® program and thank you for using the Green Option Commuter Card!
If you have questions about Transhare or about the GO!card® , please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 301-492-4774.
Content last reviewed on August 14, 2014