- I already receive transit subsidy benefits with my GO!card® but would like to start receiving the bicycle subsidy.
When you apply for the bicycle subsidy program, you will be disenrolled from the Transit Subsidy/Transhare program and your GO!card® will cancelled. You may shred or cut up your GO!card. It does not need to be returned.
- Do bicycle vouchers expire?
Bicycle vouchers expire after one year.
- Can I use more than one voucher at a time?
Yes, more than one voucher can be redeemed at a time.
- If my purchase is less than the voucher, will the bicycle vendor give me change?
No, participating vendors are not required to provide change.
- Is the bicycle subsidy program a year round program?
Yes, participants may participate in the program year round.
- Do I need to keep a log related to my bicycle commuting and expenditures?
No, it is not necessary to maintain a commuting log.
- May I use my benefit for Bike Sharing program?
No, bicycle sharing programs such as Capital Bike Share do not meet the IRS definition of mass transit and are not reimbursable expenses under the Transhare program.
Content last reviewed on June 16, 2014