Eat smart, exercise regularly, and get routine health screenings. Be an active participant in managing your health. Start leading a healthy lifestyle.
Exercise & Fitness
- Physical Activity for Everyone (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Find physical activity guidelines for children, adults, and seniors. Learn how to add exercise to your life. Learn how to measure the intensity of your workout. View videos. Then get started!
- Exercise and Physical Fitness | En Español (MedlinePlus®)
Get the basics, health check tools, tutorials, the latest news and more.
- Exercise for Older Adults (National Institutes of Health)
Put safety first before beginning an exercise routine. Read how to do strength, balance, stretching and endurance exercises.
Diet, Nutrition & Eating Right
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans (U.S. Department of Agriculture & HHS)
Get advice on how good dietary habits can promote health and reduce risk for major chronic diseases (2 years to adult).
- ChooseMyPlate.gov (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
Learn about the five food groups that are the building blocks for a health diet. Learn more about building a healthy plate.
- Eat Healthy
Learn the basics, the benefits, and take action.
- Nutrition.gov (U.S. Department of Agriculture & HHS)
Find easy-to-read information on food and nutrition.
Weight Loss & Obesity
- What are Overweight and Obesity?en español (National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, NIH)
Learn about causes, risks, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Healthy Weight – It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle! (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Read about balancing calories, preventing weight gain, losing weight, healthy eating, physical activity, and get tips for parents to help prevent childhood obesity.
Smoking & Tobacco
- Smokefree.gov (National Cancer Institute, NIH)
Get accurate information and professional assistance to help you stop smoking and stay quit.
- Smoking and Tobacco Use (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Watch podcasts and learn about the health effects of smoking and secondhand smoke.
- Secondhand Smoke: What It Means to You (PDF - 11.6MB) (The Surgeon General)
Learn why secondhand smoke is so harmful and what you can do to prevent exposure to this kind of smoke.
Drinking and Alcohol
- Make a Difference: Talk to Your Child about Alcohol (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
Get tips on talking to your child or teen about alcohol, how to host a teen party, how to help your child resist peer pressure to drink, warnings signs of a drinking problem, and an action checklist.
- Alcohol - Frequently Asked Questions (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Read about drinking levels, excessive alcohol use, drinking problems, and more.
Injury & Accident Prevention
- Injury, Violence & Safety (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Read about preventing injury and violence, how to stay safe at home, school and work, safety on-the-go, and safety at play.
- Safety & Prevention (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, CDC)
Explore an alphabetical list of workplace safety topics with links leading to in-depth information.
- Child & Adolescent Immunization Schedules
For ages 0-6 years, 7-18 years, and “catch-up” schedules; en español.
- A Parent's Guide to Kids' Vaccines
Offers useful information about the benefits and risks of vaccines, along with steps to take when children are vaccinated.
- Adult Immunization Schedule
For anyone over 18 years old; en español.
- Adolescent and Adult Vaccine Quiz
Take this quiz and print out a list to take to your healthcare practitioner.
- Traveler's Health (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Get information on the shots/vaccines, medications, and other measures to prevent illness and injury during international travel (search by country name).
- National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) (Health Resources and Services Administration)
Ensures an adequate supply of vaccines, stabilizes vaccine costs, and provides a forum for individuals found to be injured by certain vaccines.
- Men: Stay Healthy at Any Age—Checklist for Your Next Checkupen español (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- Men: Stay Healthy at 50+—Checklists for Your Healthen español (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- Women: Stay Healthy at Any Age—Checklist for Your Next Checkupen español (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- Women: Stay Healthy at 50+—Checklists for Your Healthen español (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
The Environment and Your Health
- Environmental Health (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Extensive list of links for health issues in your surroundings.
- Environmenal Health and Education (The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health)
Learn about the effects of the environment on human health and find information on specific environmental health topics.
- Bisphenol A (BPA)
General information for parents.
- Toxic Substances Portal (Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry)
Get information on over 150 toxic substances and see how they affect our health.
- Public Health Assessments (Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry)
Find reports on contaminants in your area.
- Human Health (Environmental Protection Agency)
Learn about water, fish, wildlife and swimming advisories, children’s health and school environments, exposure to pollutants, pesticides on food, risk assessment, health effects of chemicals, occupational health, sun protection, and toxicity assessments.