HHS Weekly Report - March 27, 2009
Return to Reports Page
|Weekly Update Report Data|
|Agency Name:||Health and Human Services|| |
|Week End Date:||03/27/2009|
|Submitter Name:||Sheila Conley|
|Submitter Contact Info:||202-690-7084|
|Program Source/ Treasury Account Symbol: Agency Code||Program Source/Treasury Account Symbol: Account Code||Program Source/Treasury Account Symbol; Sub-Account Code (OPTIONAL)||Program Description (Account Title)||Total Appropriation||Total Obligations||Total Disbursements|
|75||0143|| ||Aging Services Programs, Recovery Act||$100,000,000||$97,000,000||$0|
|75||0839|| ||Buildings and Facilities, NIH, Recovery Act||$500,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||1537|| ||Children and Families Services Programs, Recovery Act||$3,150,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0351|| ||Health Resources and Services, Recovery Act||$2,500,000,000||$492,684,827||$1,088,009|
|75||1701|| ||Healthcare Research and Quality, Recovery Act||$1,100,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0392|| ||Indian Health Facilities, Recovery Act ||$415,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0389|| ||Indian Health Services, Recovery Act||$85,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0847|| ||National Center for Research Resources, Recovery Act||$1,300,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0845|| ||Office of the Director, NIH, Recovery Act||$8,200,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0129|| ||Office of the Inspector General, Recovery Act||$17,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0131|| ||Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, Recovery Act||$2,000,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||1516|| ||Payments to States for Child Care and Development Block Grant, Recovery Act||$2,000,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0144|| ||Prevention and Wellness Fund, Recovery Act||$1,000,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0141|| ||Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund, Recovery Act||$50,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0510|| ||CMS Program Management, Recovery Act||$142,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||1523|| ||Emergency Contingency Fund for TANF, Recovery Act||$5,000,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0121|| ||General Departmental Management FMAP Administrative Cost, Recovery Act||$5,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0518|| ||Grants to States for Medicaid, Recovery Act||$15,670,372,728||$15,670,372,728||$8,543,440,451|
|75||0129|| ||Office of the Inspector General, Recovery Act||$31,250,000||$0||$0|
|75||1501|| ||Payments to States for Child Support Enforcement & Family Support Programs, Recovery Act||$186,539,583||$186,539,583||$8,527,922|
|75||1546|| ||Payments to States for Foster Care and Adoption Assistance, Recovery Act||$46,022,670||$46,022,670||$0|
Major Actions Taken to Date
- Cumulative disbursements for ARRA Medicaid FMAP funding total $8.5B.
- On Thursday, March 26, HHS announced $1B for Child Support Enforcement Federal Incentive Payments and made $46M in first quarter FY2009 awards available.
- On Friday, March 27, the Health Resources and Services Administration obligated $338M for Health Centers Increased Demand for Services.
- OMB completed review of several HHS spending plans, and once necessary documents are prepared, funds will be released or funding opportunities will be made public.
- During the week of March 22, 2009, supplemental grant awards for Medicaid were processed for the States of South Carolina, Illinois, Tennessee and Massachusetts, which increased Recovery Act Medicaid spending by $352,163,000. Medicaid makes supplemental grant awards to States on an as-needed basis to reflect higher than estimated Medicaid expenditures. Should any State need additional funds before the end of a quarter, they may request them through a supplemental request. CMS evaluates such requests and issues any appropriate additional supplemental grant awards, as they did in this case.
Major Actions Planned
- We continue to review spending plans and could possibly announce and/or begin releasing funds for additional ARRA programs.