Recovery Act (ARRA): Weekly Report - March 6, 2009
Return to Reports Page
|Weekly Update Report Data|
|Agency Name:||Health and Human Services|| |
|Week End Date:||03/06/2009|
|Submitter Name:||Sheila Conley|
|Submitter Contact Info:||202-690-7084|
|Program Source/ Treasury Account Symbol: Agency Code||Program Source/Treasury Account Symbol: Account Code||Program Source/Treasury Account Symbol; Sub-Account Code (OPTIONAL)||Program Description (Account Title)||Total Appropriation||Total Obligations||Total Disbursements|
|75||0143|| ||Aging Services Programs, Recovery Act||$100,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0839|| ||Buildings and Facilities, NIH, Recovery Act||$500,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||1537|| ||Children and Families Services Programs, Recovery Act||$3,150,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0351|| ||Health Resources and Services, Recovery Act||$2,500,000,000||$154,781,545||$0|
|75||1701|| ||Healthcare Research and Quality, Recovery Act||$1,100,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0392|| ||Indian Health Facilities, Recovery Act ||$415,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0389|| ||Indian Health Services, Recovery Act||$85,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0847|| ||National Center for Research Resources, Recovery Act||$1,300,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0845|| ||Office of the Director, NIH, Recovery Act||$8,200,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0129|| ||Office of the Inspector General, Recovery Act||$17,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0131|| ||Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, Recovery Act||$2,000,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||1516|| ||Payments to States for Child Care and Development Block Grant, Recovery Act||$2,000,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0144|| ||Prevention and Wellness Fund, Recovery Act||$1,000,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0141|| ||Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund, Recovery Act||$50,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||1523|| ||Emergency Contingency Fund for TANF, Recovery Act||$5,000,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0121|| ||General Departmental Management FMAP Administrative Cost, Recovery Act||$5,000,000||$0||$0|
|75||0518|| ||Grants to States for Medicaid, Recovery Act||$15,346,822,633||$15,299,246,821||$3,306,999,628|
|75||0129|| ||Office of the Inspector General, Recovery Act||$31,250,000||$0||$0|
|75||1546|| ||Payments to States for Foster Care and Adoption Assistance, Recovery Act||TBD||$0||$0|
|75||0510|| ||CMS Program Management, Recovery Act||$142,000,000||$0||$0|
Major Actions Taken to Date
- On March 2, 2009, President Obama announced that $155 million of Health Care New Access Point (NP) funding was made available to 126 grantees.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) held numerous calls with States on the following topics:
- Opportunities for increased Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP) in the next two fiscal quarters;
- Availability of funding to implement and enhance health information technology; and
- Requirements to access the $15.3 billion of funding announced by President Obama on February 23, 2009.
- The Department released the modified Applicant Information Bulletins for HRSA's National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program.
- Transmitted IHS Facilities pre-solicitation notice of Request for Proposal for replacement hospital in Nome, Alaska.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) website that provides information on funding opportunities went live. Information on The Challenge Grant Funding Opportunity Announcement and A Notice on Scoring, Review and Appeals that apply to Recovery Act FOAs were posted.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) posted several Recovery Act RFAs and Notices on Shared Instrumentation, 'Facilities Construction, Renovations, Repair and Improvements.
Major Actions Planned
- HHS is establishing a new Office of Recovery Act Coordination within the Office of the Secretary to ensure successful implementation of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) throughout HHS. This Office will be led by a new Deputy Assistant Secretary for Recovery Act Coordination.
- We continue to review spending plans and could possibly announce and/or begin releasing funds under operating plans for additional ARRA programs.