The Affordable Care Act and Your Community
Many faith and community leaders are now helping people learn about the Health Insurance Marketplace. Individuals can enroll in the Marketplace as early as October 1 and coverage begins as early as January 1, 2014. To learn more about the Marketplace, please attend one of our webinars and visit www.HealthCare.gov and Marketplace.cms.gov.
Health Care Law Toolkit for Faith and Community-Based Organizations
This toolkit will help faith and community leaders learn and educate others about the health care law. These materials can be used as bulletin inserts, at enrollment events and for other education and outreach efforts.
- ACA Fact Sheet for Faith and Community Leaders (also available in Spanish)
- Four-Step Guide to Planning a Health Care Enrollment Event
- ACA Talking Points for Faith and Community-Based Organizations
- Call to Action
- What You Can Do To Help People Who Are Uninsured
- The Affordable Care Act Made Simple
- Quality, Affordable Health Care for our Neighbors
- How to Access Health Insurance and Services in your Community
- How the New Health Care Law reflects our Shared Values and Common Beliefs
For more ACA outreach and educational materials, go to: http://marketplace.cms.gov/
To order posters, applications and other materials on the health care law, go to: http://productordering.cms.hhs.gov
For ACA outreach and educational materials in Spanish, go to: http://marketplace.cms.gov/getofficialresources/spanish-materials/spanish-materials.html
Materiales Educativos En Español: http://marketplace.cms.gov/getofficialresources/spanish-materials/spanish-materials.html
The Health Care Law 101 Webinar Schedule
The HHS Partnership Center hosts a series of interactive webinars for you to learn more about the health care law, the Affordable Care Act.
The Small Business Administration also hosts webinars on the health care law and how it helps small businesses.
Links for More Information
www.HealthCare.gov - Information on the Health Insurance Marketplace; the website to enroll in health insurance starting October 1.
www.CuidadoDeSalud.gov - Spanish language website providing information on the Health Insurance Marketplace; the website to enroll in health insurance starting October 1.
http://marketplace.cms.gov - Resources on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
www.hhs.gov/healthcare - Consumer information on the health care law.
www.cciio.cms.gov - Public policy and program information on the health care law.
www.cms.gov - Public policy and program information on the health care law.
www.SAMHSA.gov - Information on Mental Health and Substance Abuse and the health care law.
www.HRSA.gov - Information on how to locate a community health center.
www.Medicaid.gov - Information on the Medicaid program that assists people with low incomes.
www.Medicare.gov - Information on the Medicare program that assists seniors and people with disabilities.
Information on the Navigators, Certified Assistance Counselors, In-Person Assisters, Educator Programs
- Fact sheet on Assistance Roles to Help Consumers Apply and Enroll in Health Coverage Through the Marketplace: http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Files/Downloads/marketplace-ways-to-help.pdf
- Website for information on In-Person Assistance in the Health Insurance Marketplace: http://www.cms.gov/cciio/programs-and-initiatives/health-insurance-marketplaces/assistance.html
- Press release on the Navigators Program: http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2013pres/08/20130815a.html
- Full list of Navigator Awardees: http://cciio.cms.gov/programs/exchanges/assistance.html
- Introduction to the Certified Application Counselor Program: http://marketplace.cms.gov/help-us/cac.html
- Application to become a Certified Application Counselor Program: http://marketplace.cms.gov/help-us/cac-apply.html
- Final Regulations: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-07-17/pdf/2013-17125.pdf#page=39
- Guidance on the Certified Application Counselor Program: http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Regulations-and-Guidance/Downloads/CAC-guidance-7-12-2013.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions on the Affordable Care Act:
News and Information
The Affordable Care Act is being implemented incrementally, in sections over time. News releases, blog posts and MyCare videos summarize major provisions of the law and can be found here: www.hhs.gov/news.