The Program Requirements for Title X Funded Family Planning Projects were developed to assist current and prospective grantees in understanding and implementing the family planning grants program authorized by Title X of the PHS Act (42 U.S.C. 300 et seq.). The document is organized into 16 sections that describe the various requirements applicable to the Title X program, as set out in the Title X statute and implementing regulations (42 CFR part 59, subpart A), and in other applicable Federal statutes, regulations, and policies.
- Providing Quality Family Planning Services Recommendations
- COMING SOON! Crosswalk between the Program Requirements for Title X Funded Projects and the Quality Family Planning Recommendations.
- The Family Planning National Training Centers (NTCs) provide resources, materials and educational opportunities to enhance the capacity of Title X family planning grantees and sub recipients, as well as other healthcare providers to deliver high quality reproductive health services.
Title X Statutes, Regulations and Guidance:
Title X Family Planning Program Regulations 42CFR59 Grants for Family Planning Services (10/01/2000)**
- Subpart A - Project Grants for Family Planning Services
- Subpart C - Grants for Family Planning Service Training
Sterilization of Persons in Federally Assisted Family Planning Projects 42CFR50 Policies of General Applicability
- Subpart B - Sterilization of Persons in Federally Assisted Family Planning Projects
**This document incorporates changes as published in the Federal Register on 07-03-2000. See the following Federal Register Notices regarding the specific changes to the Title X Family Planning Regulations:
- Final Rules: Standards of Compliance for Abortion-Related Services in Family Planning Services Projects
- Final Rules Correction: Standards of Compliance for Abortion-Related Services in Family Planning Services Projects (published 08-10-2000)
- Notice: Provision of Abortion-Related Services in Family Planning Services Projects
Content last reviewed on August 10, 2016