Policy and Planning
The AFL program supports care demonstration projects to develop interventions with pregnant and parenting teens, their infants, male partners, and family members in an effort to ameliorate the effects of too-early-childbearing for teen parents, their babies and their families. In order to demonstrate more effective program results, the program has developed several performance measures. These performance measures help to focus the priorities of the program and the grantees and will be tracked over the next several years.
AFL Care Program Performance Measures:
- Maintain the incidence of clients in AFL Care demonstration projects who do not have a repeat pregnancy.
- Increase infant immunization among clients in AFL Care demonstration projects.
- Increase the educational attainment of clients in AFL Care demonstration projects.
- Improve the quality of the Title XX independent evaluations.
- Sustain the cost to encounter ratio in Title XX prevention and care demonstration projects.