Promoting What Works: A Symposium of Approaches for Supporting Pregnant and Parenting Adolescents
The day-long symposium led a dialogue with experts on what works in caring for pregnant and parenting adolescents and building strong young families. This event was held in Washington, D.C. on May 18, 2011 and was presented by the Office of Population Affairs, Office of Adolescent Pregnancy Programs in collaboration with other federal and national partners.
The presentations are listed below, accompanied by the slides from each session. You'll need the free Abobe Acrobat Reader program to view the PDF files on your computer and the free Adobe Flash Player to view the videos.
- State of the Field: Adolescent Pregnancy Programming
- Research to Practice: Applied Research Approaches for Pregnant and Parenting Adolescents - Part I
- Research to Practice: Applied Research Approaches for Pregnant and Parenting Adolescents - Part II
- Help or Hindrance: Promoting Effective Policy
- Emerging and Promising Approaches: What does implementation really look like?
- Where are the gaps, challenges and opportunities for action?
- Next Steps and Closing Thoughts