Quality Assessment Program
OHRP's Quality Assessment Program is intended to help institutions evaluate and improve the quality of their human research protections program. Institutions may do a self-assessment utilizing the QA Self-Assessment Tool. In addition, institutions may contact OHRP to request an in-depth QA consultation or workshop.
How can your institution participate in OHRP's Quality Assessment Program?
OHRP offers a variety of resources to help institutions evaluate and strengthen the quality of their human research protection program. OHRP can:
- Provide tools to help your institution identify strengths and areas for improvement, such as the OHRP QA Self-Assessment tool.
- Through direct consultation, in-person of via a video or phone conference:
- Clarify regulatory requirements.
- Provide detailed review of IRB written procedures and meeting minutes.
- Explore ways to improve the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of IRB administration.
- Identify "best practices."
- Foster partnerships and collaborations among institutions.
- Conduct a training session addressing human subject protections issues on-site at your institution, or via video teleconference.
For more information and to discuss how your program might benefit from one of these services, please send your request to OHRP-EDU@hhs.gov
A Guided Self-Assessment for Human Research Protection Programs
Utilizing the OHRP QA Self-Assessment Tool, institutions can conduct a guided self-assessment of human research protections programs.
- Visit the QA Self-Assessment Tool Page.
- Please note that the completed QA Self-Assessment Tool is not sent to OHRP
Direct OHRP Consultation
To contact OHRP to request an OHRP QA consultation of your human research protections program, please:
- Send a written request to the Division of Education and Development at OHRP-EDU@hhs.gov
- Provide DED with your institution's written IRB procedures and minutes from three (3) recent IRB meetings
- DED staff will contact you to arrange an initial teleconference