Office on Disability
Topics on this Page
- Office on Disabilities Universal & Design Webcasts: Office on Disabilities second symposium on housing for persons with disabilities – understanding universal design and access modification.
- U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Center for Universal Design (ED) The Center for Universal Design is a national research, information, and technical assistance center that evaluates, develops, and promotes universal design in housing, public and commercial facilities, and related products
- Universal Design and Accessibility for the Disabled (NIH) Provides information on how universal design principles are applied to the planning and design of NIH projects.
- Fannie Mae
- Fannie Mae Helps Disabilities Have Achieved American Dream of Homeownership Housing Leaders and Fannie Mae help more than 400 individuals with disabilities become homeowners through HomeChoice mortgage.
- Accessible Space, Inc. (ASI), a nonprofit organization which provides accessible, affordable housing, supportive living opportunities and rehabilitation services for adults with physical disabilities and brain injuries, as well as seniors.
- Adaptive Environments, a nonprofit organization which works balance expertise in legally required accessibility with promotion of best practices in human centered or universal design, committees to advancing the role of design in expending opportunity and enhancing experience for people of all age and abilities.
- Central for Universal Design (NCSU) a national research, information, and technical assistance center that evaluates, develops, and promotes universal design in housing, public and commercial facilities, and related products.
- Home Design (AARP) Visitability Initiative Project - Visitability is an affordable, sustainable and inclusive design approach for integrating basic accessibility features into all newly built homes and housing.
- Universal Design (Kansas State University) design for all people throughout their lifespan.
- HHS Homeless Home Page – Information on the coordination of homelessness services within Health and Human Services and our federal partners
- Office on Disabilities Symposium on Homeownership for Person with Disabilities Webcast Co-Sponsored with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Fannie Mae Corporation, NCB Development Corporation, and the Department of Housing and Urban Development help persons with disabilities understanding universal design and access modification
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- 100 Questions and Answers about Buying a New Home (HUD) provides a foundation of basic knowledge for first-time home buyers to decide whether they are ready to buy, all the way to the final proud step, and get the keys to the new home.
- Buying a Home (HUD) provides information that included steps to buy a home, home buyer’s rights, how much mortgage they can afford, etc.
- Common Questions from First-time Homebuyers (HUD) provides answers to questions frequently asked by first-time home buyers.
- Disability Rights in Housing (HUD) provides the rights to persons with disabilities who live in private or public housing.
- Homeownership Vouchers Program (HUD) provides information for the first home owners with monthly mortgage and other home ownership expenses.
- A Guide to the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program that was written by the Enterprise Social Investment Corporation providing decent and affordable housing for low-income people.
- Accessible Public Housing Units, Voluntary Compliance Agreements (VCAs) and U.S Department of Housing (HUD). Information Bulletin # 111 (5/2006)
- Home for Our Troops build and remodel handicap accessible homes for severely wounded veterans.
- National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) a nonprofit organization more than 30 years ago to coordinate and leverage the federal advocacy efforts for affordable housing.
- National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL)
- NCB Development Corporation