Office on Disability
Topics on this Page
- Office on Disability
- Youth Adults with Disability Program (HHS) The Department of Health and Human Services worked with the National Governors Association to help competitively-selected states realign their administrative infrastructures to support coordinated comprehensive service systems for youth and young adults with disabilities between ages 14 and 30 who are transitioning from youth to adult health and human services. This initiative is helping state and tribal governments to use limited resources more effectively and to institutionalize infrastructures better to serve this targeted age group. Additional goals include preventing homelessness, criminalization, unemployment, attrition out of high school, and inappropriate and unnecessary institutionalization. This entire effort also entails comprehensive evaluation of the impact of infrastructure modifications and development of specific ways further to modify systems accordingly.
- Interagency Committee on Disability Research (ICDR)
- Library and Information Services to Individuals with Disabilities (NLS Reference Bibliography)
- National Library Service Reference Directories: Magazine in Special Media
- Section 504
- Accessible IRS Tax Product
- Access Board
- Office on Disabilities 9th Bi-Annual International Congress on Community Services for Children, Youth and Families with Special Health Care Needs.
- U.S Department of Health and Human Services – Office of Global Health Affairs promotes the health of the people of the world by advancing the Department of Health and Human Services' global strategies and partnerships, thus serving the health and well-being of the people of the United States.
- Access Board Plans for International Outreach & Coordination Efforts Information on the U.S. Access Board's efforts to step up its interaction with other countries and world organizations to improve accessibility for people with disabilities around the globe.
Federal Tax Facts
- The U.S Tax System
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Office on Disabilities Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (December 9, 2004)
Non-Federal Tax Facts
- NCB Capital Impact (formerly NCBDC)
- Associate of Programs for Rural Independent Living (APRIL) a national network of rural centers for independent living and other organizations and individuals concerned with the unique aspects of rural independent living.
- Beyond 50.03: A Report to the Nation on Independent Living and Disability (AARP) takes an in-depth look at the roles of supportive services, family and community and our social and physical environments in enhancing the independent of person with disabilities who are age 50 and older.
- Centers for Independent Living List of center for independent living in different states.
- Directory of Independent Living Centers The Independent Living Research Utilization's directory, updated weekly, of all Statewide Independent Living Councils (SILC) and related organizations.
- Independent Living Institute – Promoting Disable People’s Self-Determination policy development center specializing in consumer-driven policies for disabled peoples’ self-determination, self-respect and dignity.
- National Council on Independent Living (NCIL) advances independent living and the rights of people with disabilities through consumer-driven advocacy and envisions a world in which people with disabilities are valued equally and participate fully.
- Office on Disability I Can Do It, You Can Do It!
- Accessibility at Federal Recreation Sites
- National Park Service Accessibility Page
- President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Accessible Playgrounds
- Adventures Without Limits
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD)
- American Association for Active Lifestyles and Fitness (AAALF)
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA)
- American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA)
- Boundless Playgrounds
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- Disabled Sports USA
- International Blind Golf Association
- National Association of State Directors of Special Education (NASDSE)
- National Center on Physical Activity and Disability (University of Illinois)
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)
- Partners for Young with Disabilities Inc., Boston
- Shake-a-Leg, Miami
- U.S Association of Blind Athletes (USABA)