Office of Disability
Biography of Louis Tenenbaum
Louis Tenenbaum, is a consultant and trainer with special expertise in
home modifications and Aging in Place issues. Louis's firm, Louis Tenenbaum,
LLC is an outgrowth of Access Remodeling, Inc. a specialized design/build
remodeling company nationally recognized for its groundbreaking work fulfilling
the remodeling needs of clients who wish to age in place. Louis Tenenbaum,
the principle of Access Remodeling, formed Louis Tenenbaum, LLC in response
to numerous requests for consulting, speaking and training in home modifications
and Aging in Place issues.
Louis Tenenbaum, LLC occupies a leadership role in the development of
concepts and systems for Aging in Place. Activities include:
- Hands on experience working with hundreds of Aging in Place clients
- Speaking and consulting on issues and agenda, with government,
universities and private enterprise.
- Training development and training of multiple disciplines involved
with Aging in Place
- Direct involvement organizing national events promoting Aging
This range of experience places the firm in a unique position to understand
and influence the development of this industry.
Louis Tenenbaum LLC works with individuals, developers and organizations.
Clients include The National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association, the
Horizon Foundation, the Administration on Aging, NIDRR, AARP, Sanders
Brown Center on Aging, Indiana University Institute on Aging, Disability
and Community, Howard County, Maryland Department on Aging, AML Development
and many individual Aging in Place homeowners.
Louis Tenenbaum sits on many national leadership positions including:
- National Institute on Senior Housing of the National Council
- Chairperson of the Education Committee of the Seniors Housing
Council of the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB)
- Board of Governors (as well as approved instructor) for the Certified
Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) program of the Remodeler’s Council
of NAHB in partnership with AARP,
- Advisory board member of the National Center for Seniors Housing
Research at the NAHB Research Center
- Steering committee of the National Home Modification Action Coalition
- Jewish Council for the Aging of Greater Washington
Mr. Tenenbaum is acting President and Executive Director of the Aging
in Place Council of America (APCA) a new organization that convened National
Aging in Place week 2003 and is currently planning National Aging in Place
Week 2004 and other activities supporting and promoting Aging in Place.
Louis Tenenbaum, CAPS
Independent Living Strategist
Consultant - - Trainer - - Speaker
Aging in Place - - Universal Design
PO Box 60027
Potomac, Md. 20859
(301) 983-0131, fax (301) 983-9698
Last Revised: June 17, 2004