HIPAA Enforcement Training for State Attorneys General
To help State Attorneys General begin to implement their enforcement authority under the HITECH Act, in 2011 OCR presented a 2-day, instructor-led HIPAA Enforcement Training course in 4 locations across the country.
The HIPAA Enforcement training courses were held in the following locations on the dates specified:
- Dallas, Texas- April 4 & 5, 2011
- Atlanta, Georgia - May 9 & 10, 2011
- Washington, DC (metro area) - May 19 & 20, 2011
- San Francisco, CA- June 13 & 14, 2011
At each of these HIPAA Enforcement Training sessions, attendees received instruction on the following topics:
- General introduction to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Analysis of the impact of the HITECH Act on the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Investigative techniques for identifying and prosecuting potential violations
- A review of HIPAA and State Law
- OCR's role in enforcing the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- SAG roles and responsibilities under HIPAA and the HITECH Act
- Resources for SAG in pursuing alleged HIPAA violations
- HIPAA Enforcement Support and Results
Click herefor the training schedule and agenda.
Click hereto view the video of the sessions and accompanying presentations (link to non-government website).