U.S. National Vaccine Plan
The National Vaccine Plan is the nation’s roadmap for a 21st century vaccine and immunization enterprise. It includes strategies for advancing vaccine research and development, financing, supply, distribution, safety, global cooperation, and informed decision-making among consumers and health care providers.
The National Vaccine Plan consists of multiple phases: a strategic plan with overall goals and objectives to achieve over a 10-year period, and implementation plans with measurable outcomes and processes to achieve the goals of the plan.
The Implementation Plan describes activities HHS agencies will undertake for the years 2010-2015 to accomplish the goals and priorities of the 2010 National Vaccine Plan. Recognizing that success requires coordinated efforts from the public and private sectors, a series of stakeholder meetings were convened in the fall of 2011. These meetings provided a forum for individual stakeholder input on meeting the goals in the 2010 National Vaccine Plan for specific topics and populations. In conjunction with the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, a summary of the findings from these stakeholder meetings is available as a companion document to the Implementation Plan.
- 2010 National Vaccine Plan [PDF - 356KB]
- National Vaccine Plan Implementation [PDF- 822 KB]
- Implementation Plan: Summary of Stakeholder Meetings [PDF- 982 KB]
- 2010 National Vaccine Plan Appendices
- Appendix 1: Healthy People 2020 Objectives [PDF – 35KB]
- Appendix 2: Status of 1994 National Vaccine Plan Outcomes [PDF – 53KB]
- Appendix 3: Federal Government Agencies Involved in Immunization [PDF – 59 KB]
- Appendix 4: Relevant Federal Strategic Plans and Initiatives [PDF – 54 KB]
- Appendix 5: Stakeholders in the United States National Vaccine System [PDF – 36KB]
- 2010 National Vaccine Plan: Fact Sheet
- Webinar: National Vaccine Advisory Committee Meeting, February 16, 2011
- Webinar: National Vaccine Advisory Committee Meeting, September 11, 2012
See National Vaccine Plan Development for details on the 2008 draft of the National Vaccine Plan and the 1994 National Vaccine Plan.
Comments or questions about the 2010 Plan should be directed to the National Vaccine Program Office at NVPComments@hhs.gov.