Regional Director: Stephene Moore
601 East 12th Street, Room S1801
Kansas City, MO 64106
Office: (816) 426-2821
Fax: (816) 426-2178
Stephene Moore brings extensive experience to the regional director’s office from her time as a Senior Adviser at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and as a longtime nurse specializing in obstetrics and women’s health.
Since joining the Department in 2012, Moore has worked to enhance the department’s relationships with health care providers and a wide range of national health organizations. Prior to joining HHS, Moore spent five years as the Project Coordinator for the University of Kansas’ intern program in Washington, DC.
A registered nurse for nearly 30 years, Moore has devoted her career to public health and education. She has led international medical missions to Eastern Europe and Central America and served on the Advisory Board of the University of Kansas School of Nursing. Moore served on the board of directors of the Johnson County Community College Foundation in Overland Park, Kan., as well as on the boards of many other local, national and international organizations.
Moore, who holds a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from the University of Kansas, is passionate about the need to improve public health through prevention and education.
Regional Staff Contact Information:
- Regional Manager for Civil Rights
- Regional Chief Counsel
- Regional Inspectors General
- Office of Public Health and Science (OPHS)
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
Regional Operating Divisions Office Web Sites:
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration on Aging
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA)
Region 7 State Links