Regional Director: Joanne Grossi
The Public Ledger Building
150 South Independence
Mall West - Suite 436
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3499
Office: (215) 861-4633
Fax: (215) 861-4625
In April, 2010, Joanne Grossi was appointed by the Obama Administration as the Regional Director of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for Region III, which includes the states of Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia. As Regional Director, Ms. Grossi serves as the key representative in this region in working with federal, state, local and tribal officials on a wide range of health and social services issues.
Prior to this appointment, Ms. Grossi served for seven years in the administration of Governor Edward G. Rendell, first as Deputy Secretary of Health and later as the first- ever Director of the Office of Women’s Services.
Before joining the Governor’s Administration, Ms. Grossi served for 13 years as a Senior Technical Advisor in the Bureau of Global Health at the United States Agency for International Development, where she oversaw international health programs in developing countries.
Earlier in her career, Ms. Grossi served on the staffs of Congressman Peter Kostmayer and Ambassador Millicent H. Fenwick at the American Embassy in Rome, Italy.
Ms. Grossi earned her master’s degree in International Public Policy at the Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies and completed additional graduate education at the Johns Hopkins University’s School of Public Health and Hygiene.
Regional Staff Contact Information:
- Regional Manager for Civil Rights
- Regional Chief Counsel
- Regional Inspectors General
- Office of Public Health and Science (OPHS)
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
Regional Operating Divisions Office Web Sites:
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration on Aging
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- Nashville Area
(Serves Eastern United States)
- Nashville Area
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA)
Region 3 Area Links