Regional Director: Jackie Cornell-Bechelli
Jacob K. Javits Federal Building
26 Federal Plaza - Suite 3835
New York, NY 10278
Office: (212) 264-4600
Fax: (212) 264-3620
On August 11, 2014, Jackie Cornell-Bechelli was appointed by Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Sylvia M. Burwell as the regional director of HHS Region II, which includes the States of New York and New Jersey, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
As regional director, Jackie will serve as a key representative of Secretary Burwell in working with federal, state, territorial, local, and tribal officials on health and social service issues, including implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Immediately prior to joining HHS, Jackie was director of outreach for Congressman Rush Holt (NJ-12). She also served as both the deputy field director in southeastern Pennsylvania, as well as the state director in New Jersey for President Obama’s re-election campaign in 2012; and was named one of "50 Women Who Made the Election" by the Huffington Post. She has held leadership positions with New Jersey Citizen Action, Organizing for America, and Planned Parenthood, where she focused on coalition development and public engagement.
Cornell-Bechelli is the founder and immediate past board chair of the New Jersey chapter of the New Leaders Council, an entrepreneurial leadership program for rising young professionals. She currently serves as a mentor to students in the Women in Learning and Leadership Program at The College of New Jersey (TCNJ).
Cornell-Bechelli is a graduate of The College of New Jersey and lives in Ewing Township, New Jersey, with her husband and young son.
Regional Staff Contact Information:
- Regional Manager for Civil Rights
- Regional Chief Counsel
- Regional Inspectors General
- Office of Public Health and Science (OPHS)
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
RegionalOperating Divisions Office Web Sites:
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration on Aging
- Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- Nashville Area Office (Serves Eastern United States)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA)
Region 2 Area Links
Content last reviewed on November 4, 2014