Headquarters staff assists the Secretary in the development and implementation of HHS policies by ensuring that the Department considers and incorporates the perspectives of state, local and tribal governments.
IEA accomplishes this objective through:
- its consultation responsibilities
- the activities of the Secretary’s Regional Directors
- HHS crosscutting activities for which IEA has lead responsibility. Each member of the headquarters staff of the Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs serves as a liaison to one or more of the HHS program or staff offices.
Please contact us to reach any members of the staff.
- Paul Dioguardi, Director of Intergovernmental and External Affairs
- Emily Barson, Principal Deputy Director of Intergovernmental and External Affairs
- Angela Botticella, Deputy Director External Affairs
Content last reviewed on January 13, 2015