A Short Description
HHS Ignite funds will be delegated to the host offices through an Intra Department Delegation of Authority (IDDA), which requires a shared recording and reporting responsibility. Funds cannot be used towards FTE payroll nor for travel. The host office utilizes their procurement vehicles and mechanisms for acquisition of any desired services and/or products included in their HHS Ignite proposal.
A More Detailed Explanation
Funds will be delegated to the host offices through an Intra Department Delegation of Authority (IDDA). The IDDA gives the host office the authority to spend HHS/OS dollars. The host office spends against their project’s accounting code on an on-going basis. The Department receives Monthly reports that outline these obligations and expenditures, and these reports are shared with HHS Ignite program staff overseeing the projects.
Funds cannot be used towards FTE payroll nor for travel. (For the accelerator kick-off and closing ceremonies, travel will be provided for those not in the DC area.) The host office utilizes their procurement vehicles and mechanisms for acquisition of any desired services and/or products included in their HHS Ignite proposal.
Since HHS Ignite teams may involve multiple Offices and Agencies, the “host office” is the office of the Project Lead. Remember that the approval of the Project Lead’s Supervisor is required as part of the Proposal for Funding. The Project Lead and Supervisor should ensure that their budget office is aware of the submission for Ignite support and subsequently involved in the process at the right time.
Step-by-Step Process of the IDDA
Once an office is awarded and the Dollar amount is agreed upon…
- OS Budget Office sends a memo to the PSC CFO requesting an IDDA to be prepared to transfer funds. The memo indicates that the OPDIV is receiving funds and notes the amount and purpose of the funds.
- Copies of this memo are sent to John Schrum (PSC), Cathie Kaulfuss (PSC), and the recipient budget office
- PSC will then prepare the IDDA transfer form based on the request. Copies will be sent to OS budget, recipient OPDIV budget, and the accounting offices involved
- PSC then enters transactions in the financial management system to transfer funds out. And the recipient OPDIV enters transactions into the finance system to reflect the transfer in.
- Recipient OPDIV will report monthly to the parent on status of funds. Parent OPDIV will record child OPDIVs transactions in the finance system so they are visible on the financial reports. The monthly financial reports will be made available to the HHS Ignite staff overseeing the activities.