January – February 2014
HHS Employees, do you have an innovative idea or project? Interested in learning more about how the HHS Innovates contest can help you by publicly recognizing your work, providing cash awards, and giving you the opportunity to share your work with leadership? If so, please consider joining us for a special virtual town hall event on February 5 from 2-3 PM EST on Yammer in theHHS Innovates (Secretary’s Innovation Award) Group. This will be a great opportunity for you to learn more about the contest, hear first-hand from colleagues who have won awards in prior rounds, and get your questions answered in real-time by members of the HHS Innovates subcommittee. More information on HHS Innovates can be found here. This event is for HHS employees only.
Join us in-person in the Humphrey building or tune-in online for rapid-fire five minute presentations from the HHS Ignite (beta) teams as they present the results of their efforts and pitch to panels of senior Department “investors” for continued funding and support.
If watching virtually, go to: http://hhs.adobeconnect.com/hhs-ignite
Hosted by Bryan Sivak, HHS Chief Technology Officer and Entrepreneur-in-Residence.
- Mary Wakefield, Administrator, HRSA
- Kathy Greenlee, Administrator, ACL
- Ileana Arias, Principal Deputy Director, CDC/ATSDR
- Walter Harris, Chief Operating Officer, FDA
- Mike Etzinger, Director, Office of Management, Technology, and Operations, SAMHSA
- Mark Rohrbaugh, Director, Office of Technology Transfer, NIH
- Richard Aragon, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning & Evaluation, HHS
- Krishna Malyala, HHS External Entrepreneur at HRSA
- Mark Monterestelli, HHS External Entrepreneur in ONC
More information on HHS Ignite and the 13 projects can be found here.