7 Reactions to Getting Covered
Posted March 24, 2014
By Nicholas Garlow, Public Affairs, Department of Health and Human Services
Since October 1, more than 5 million people have signed up for coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. People from all across the country have been telling us their #GetCovered stories and what it means to them. Here’s how they describe what coverage means to them.
Remember, there are only 7 days left until the end of the March 31st deadline to sign up for coverage. Don’t delay! Sign up at HealthCare.gov today!
1. Molly did some math and realized she was saving a ton of money:
“I’m paying $76 a month in 2014 for full health coverage and dental. For me, it came down to pure math.” –Molly, VA
2. Amy may have shed a few tears of joy
3. Korby put it eloquently: “boom”
“I don’t make a lot of money. And so I’m really surprised and grateful: my insurance has a $500 deductible. I pay $17.34 a month. Boom.” –Korby, TN
4. James felt a lot of relief
5. Stefania has a new found peace of mind
6. Albert said it was simply the right thing to do
7. Misty feels a bit more free
For Misty, affordable health coverage is giving her the freedom to follow her dreams.