‘Closing the feedback loop’ means we want to engage with and respond to the customer. When MentalHealth.gov launched in June 2013, we used the Voice-of-Consumer (VOC) Tool to collect user feedback about the website. Since then, we’ve received more than 4,000 comments. We want to ensure that this feedback does not go unnoticed.
The VOC Tool:
- Creates site-wide and page-level surveys and polls
- Allows users to submit feedback directly to the Department of all HHS priority websites
- Collects qualitative data
- Offers analytics capabilities to process the comments and improve the website to meet user needs
- Helps us reach out to users and close the relationship gap between us
What Are VOC Comments?
VOC comments are the opinion of everyone who visits MentalHealth.gov or any agency websites. Rather than asking users to complete a long site-wide survey, the VOC Tool allows you to give feedback in two or three clicks. By submitting comments you can tell us if a page is helpful and give specific suggestions for how we can improve the overall website.
Comments and concerns vary from:
- Had the information I needed
- Was trustworthy
- Was confusing
- Had too little information
What Do We Use VOC Comments For?
VOC comments provide us with insights that enable us to effectively improve our site content to meet your needs. Site owners review and analyze VOC comments regularly to:
- Find topic areas users may have concerns or questions about
- Prioritize site updates
- Identify content gaps
We use the MentalHealth.gov blog to respond to specific user questions and comments submitted through the VOC. Addressing these user submitted questions enables us to deliver helpful information and resources. Our goal is to satisfy the person who posed the question as well as others who share the same concern.
Why User Comments Matter
User comments matter because they:
- Indicate if we are fulfilling our purpose
- Help us supply users with the best, most trusted information and resources about mental health
- Keep us on track to engage and respond to the customer
Our conversations with users through the VOC Tool help us improve and update MentalHealth.gov. Keep the comments coming to help us get users the information they need.