Are you ready to work your way closer to becoming a disease detective? Play Solve the Outbreak and:
- Race to the scene of a new disease outbreak
- Figure out what's happening, why, how it started, and how it's spread
- Act fast and you can save a whole town, state, or even a country.
CDC released an update to this immensely popular app in early July. The free iPad app has put more than 22,000 users in the shoes of members of the Epidemic Intelligence Service. Since the app originally launched, users have solved more than 44,000 outbreaks.
With this latest release, the app provides twice as many outbreaks, doubling your opportunity for fun. So if you've been stuck as an “Apprentice,” now's your chance to work your way through the new outbreaks to earn more badges.
This latest release also includes new, exciting features such as:
- Sound effects
- New game levels
- Achievements for good work, such as Clever Clogs and Smarty Pants
- Punishment for failing to solve the outbreak, such as the Grim Reaper and Underachiever
Fun, Interactive Peek into the World of Epidemiology
Whether you're a teen considering a career in the sciences, a teacher looking for a great new way to show epidemiology at work, or a germ nerd of any age, Solve the Outbreak is a fascinating peek into the work that real-life disease detectives do every day to keep us safe.
And if you haven't tried the app yet, now's the perfect time to get started. Scientists and experts from across CDC have put their expertise and know-how into a realistic, exciting app that turns your iPad into its own version of CSI.