HealthCare.gov: Meeting the Mark

Friday, December 27, 2013

December 24 and the days leading up to it were critically important for enrollment in Marketplace coverage.

There's no question that, over this past weekend, Monday, and Tuesday, HealthCare.gov met the mark and did exactly what it was supposed to do--helping Americans from across the country find secure, quality health insurance coverage at an affordable price.

Over this four-day period, response time averages held steady at about a half second and page error rates were low at less than half a percent.

Monday, December 23, was our peak day. On Monday, the site was supporting 83,000 concurrent users while our queuing system was up, and it performed as designed.  For those queued, wait times were generally less than five to ten minutes and users were given the option of receiving an email telling them when they could come back and get right in. There were 129,000 people who took advantage of this opportunity and were invited back the same day to finish their applications.

On Christmas Eve, the site had a total of 880,000 visits, with no queuing.

The call center also received a high volume of calls on Monday and Tuesday, with 317,000 calls received on Christmas Eve alone.

We're going to do everything we can to ensure a smooth transition period for consumers whose coverage begins on January 1. And we're going to continue to work to ensure every American who still wants to enroll in Marketplace coverage by the end of the open enrollment period is able to do so.

If consumers have any questions regarding their coverage, they should call the insurer of their choice to, among other things, confirm enrollment or arrange payment of premiums, or the Marketplace call center at 1-800-318-2596. They can log in to their account to find out their insurer’s customer service line or browse through a directory on HealthCare.gov

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services also has developed a number of consumer tips and fact sheets (under "Fact Sheets") to help consumers understand their new coverage such as what consumers should know about going to their doctor or getting emergency care.

We’ve seen the important progress made on HealthCare.gov, and we are going to keep working to make sure the consumer experience continues to improve throughout the open enrollment period.

Comments

Submitted by Amanda on
I keep getting emails to enroll because it's the last day but when I do I run into the HUB error on the premium page. This is highly frustrating. I need health insurance but this website is absolutely ridiculous. I refuse to pay a penalty.
Submitted by Joseph on
It is hilarious! This is an official government website for health care! They cannot fix the error, "Unable to access HUB" on the Premium Tax Credit screen? The error code is Error ID:500.100. I've waited it to be fixed last several weeks, but it still appears. This website really makes me frustrated. Where are all the smart people? USA government cannot fix this kind of little error. I've been trying to help my son get signed up, and we got stuck on the Set Premium Tax Credit screen because of this error.
Submitted by Dave Buehler on
I have been trying to log in to my account to change my address for 3 days now and once I enter my information the site locks up. Any Idea what's going on?
Submitted by Stephen Hernandez on
Unable to access HUB Error ID:500.100 This is very inconvenient. I've been waiting three weeks for alleged paperwork to be sent so I can bypass this error by completing a "pen and paper" application. Meanwhile, I've been hospitalized in the ICU with no health insurance. Your system is severely screwed up.
Submitted by Ellie on
I'm also getting the Error ID 500.100 message and have been for awhile now. Someone please help!
Submitted by Angry American on
FIX THE FREAKING HUB ERROR ON THE TAX CREDIT PAGE OTHERWISE STOP FORCING US TO SIGN UP FOR THIS UNDER PENALTY OF LAW
Submitted by Char... on
How the heck you want us to apply for health care if the freaking website doesn't allow us? I keep getting this Error Id for the past months and I can't sign up for no coverage. I am so not paying a penalty if I don't get coverage when the problem is coming from you guys not from me.
Submitted by Angry American on
Same here, Donna! Tells me I have a tax credit worth 0 dollars and the system won't accept any option, it just gives the HUB error and gets stuck in what I can only assume is some kind of logic loop that won't allow it to take 0 dollars as an answer. It's unbelievable that this boondoggle has been forced on so many Americans. And this is coming from a traditional liberal leaning person. I'd be in full support of this healthcare if it was handled properly, but it has been NOTHING but a fiasco and headache for everyone involved, including Obama himself. What a complete joke.
Submitted by Johnny on
Did you ever resolve this issue, I am still having that same problem and would like to know if you got it figured out, thanks¡
Submitted by Donna on
Why has nobody fixed the Unable to access HUB error on the Set Premium Tax Credit screen? The error code is Error ID:500.100. I've been trying to help my son get signed up, and we got stuck on the Set Premium Tax Credit screen because of this error. The screen says that my son's credit is 0 dollars, but it keeps asking how much of the 0 dollars he wants to use. We tried clicking yes to use all the 0 dollars towards the premium, and we also tried to allocating 0 dollars per month towards the premium, but either way it doesn't work. Why can't we bypass this screen if he has a 0 dollar credit?
Submitted by Thong on
I've been having the same problem, setting this up for my parents. And cannot for the life of my get pass this option. I'm surprise no one else has this issue.
Submitted by RUKIDDING ME on
This is the worst site I have EVER encountered!! All the smart people in government....wait, is that an OXYMORON, or just Morons working on this site!? 2 months and I'm NO further along, because I keep getting this damn 500.100 error message.
same error 500.100 with my tax credit allocation (HILARIOUSLY enough it is making do this despite telling me I qualify for 0 dollars...why even have me do it at all in this case?) seriously i could have single handedly made a better database when i was 12 years old back in 1999. it is like this is some kind of high level plot by obama to sabotage the democrats, maybe this has been the most clever republican trojan horse effort in history, get a fake democrat into office, make up the tea party to make resistance look legit, then have him serve 6 years before intentionally mucking up the website, to ensure we all hate the idea of healthcare and never support again. master plan by the koch brothers! yes that was a joke. i know i have to specify when something is satirical these days. still, it almost SEEMS as if this is intentional, given how many repeated problems it has had. why did they not get help with modern cloud services from Microsoft or Amazon? offloading all this stuff to cloud services to help with the load would have been a great move...but it seems everything has been down in-house for some reason.
Submitted by rockey on
error id 500. 100 W hat to do
Submitted by NJ_resident on
Wow for it to be the last day of sign up and to get this Error ID:500.100. I cannot insert my tax credit and I do not know what to do. The line are backed up and I am left with no support. If anyone is able to submit anything keep us posted
Submitted by frustrated in St. Louis on
I would say this has been a comedy of errors but i'm beyond laughing. My 19 yr old son must get his own insurance. Equifax (or whomever) couldn't verify his identity. HHS didn't know how. I found out on my own we had to do it manually. Submitted manual verification in December. Just received verification in the mail Thursday 3/27 after 1 hour and a half phone call to HHS and another 2 and a hour call (yes actually timed). What was said to take 3 weeks took 3 months. Now I'm in a sprint to get his insurance in before the cut off and I keep getting the same error message as everyone else. Have we NOT learned our lesson here and amped up the site to handle the volume? Plus, the income calculations are wrong. Who do you go to with that? You have to agree or you can't move forward with the application. At one point, 85% of American polled didn't even want this enacted.
Submitted by :( on
I've been trying to apply for health care for two months, and I keep getting to the premium page and getting an error message. "Error 500.100 HUB" or something like that. I NEED health coverage and this is ridiculous.
Submitted by will on
tired to apply nine times. Keep getting error ID 500.100
Submitted by whatever_in_AZ on
It's just past 6:00PM local time on Sunday the 30th and I've tried four (4) different browsers, still getting the "Application ID: Date: 2014-03-30 17:55:12 Sorry, an error has occurred. Please try again. If that doesn't work, log out. Error ID:500.100" error message every time I log in and hit the snafu'ed landing page. Was this a big project? Yes. Is it rocket surgery? No. Sorry, HHS, there's really no reason for this failure.
I'm also getting the "Unable to access HUB - Error ID:500.100 " when trying to apply my tax credits. They need to fix this ASAP or extend the deadline. I'm a Obamacare supporter, but errors like this where there is nothing that I can do to get around it really makes me question the whole thing.
Submitted by ALEXIS BALL on
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS! I TRY CONSTANTLY ALL THROUGH OUT THE DAY AND THROUGH OUT THE NIGHT. AND I STILL CAN NOT GET PAST THIS (Error ID:500.100) ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Submitted by Sakamoto on
Submitted by AC on
I understand the high volume as of March 28, I've tried before with this HealthCare site and nothing but issues. The past 3 days have been a joke. The calculator is broken (Would not read my income constantly, came up as $0) I know I am eligible for a tax credit..after 7, 8 applications, FINALLY it reads my tax credit. Only problem now is applying it to my insurance. The past 90 minutes, logging in and out all I get on this page is "Unable to access HUB - Error ID:500.100 ." This site has pushed my anger limit to a boiling point, it's 12:30 am, I've been at it since 7:30pm tonight. Hell, I WILL need to get on blood pressure meds after I get through this mess..if I do that is. I create websites for a living, nothing THIS complex. But I have worked with complicated forms and shopping carts, heavy website code. This...what an absolute (bleeping) joke.
Submitted by Sydne on
I'm in the same boat. Very frustrating. Between the anxiety of getting kicked off my parent's insurance and trying to study for medical school exams, I'm seriously freaking out. To make it worse, my premiums are going to end up being $236.00 per month, all because my student loans aren't considered "income," making my income "0" per year, which excludes me from even getting insurance at all! So my mom will claim me, and my premiums are now going to be based off of HER yearly income. Makes NO FREAKING SENSE UGHHHH. I'm moving back to Europe.
Submitted by JD on
I'm experiencing the same thing, "Unable to access HUB - Error ID:500.100 ." I called yesterday and the lady there got the same error when she tried doing it on here end. She said they would escalate the matter and someone would call, but I haven't heard anything yet and have a feeling no one will call back about it.