Weekend Work Continues

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The HealthCare.gov team continues to make technical enhancements to the site over the weekend.  Last night’s maintenance window allowed a successful installation of new servers to support a critical system database which is already allowing more users to move through that part of the system more quickly than before.  The site is performing well today with low overall error rates and response times despite heavier than usual weekend traffic.  We are making additional hardware upgrades and software fixes tonight as part of a planned set of improvements to improve speed and reduce errors.  With upgrades last night and those planned for tonight, the team is continuing its ongoing work to make HealthCare.gov work smoothly for the vast majority of users.

Comments

Be very careful with the format of your answers and follow the examples they give exactly as they look. If they use a dollar sign in one place, then enter a dollar sign. If they don't use it in another, then don't enter one. Also, don't add any decimals to any place they don't, like to hours worked, round up or down. And your name should be exactly as it appears on your Social Security card. For tips and tricks on how to complete the application and enroll in a plan and help troubleshooting the common problems being posted here, Google: "my obamacare success story: It was worth the wait!"
Submitted by Jennifer on
First of all - thanks for working through the holiday! I had tried to look up information in early October with no success. I figured you guys would get it all working shortly, so I just stopped trying. I just tried again this evening and I went right through the application process and have hit the verification system. It took me less than 20 minutes to go through the app and had no errors (well, no technical errors, only field validation ones :) ). Just wanted to put a positive voice out there to help balance out the negative ones.
Submitted by Donald on
It's good this thing finally worked for me and the info was sent to the insurance company that I selected correctly and they called me to get my Visa number to pay. Only took two full months. It is also good because Capital Blue Cross of Pennsylvania sent me a letter in August informing me that my coverage would end Jan 1. Then they sent me another letter yesterday saying despite Pres Obama's latest speech, they are still going to cancel pretty much everyone's policies. The insurance companies just have to face facts that Pres Obama is oblivious to the logistics involved in trying to make last minute changes just to satisfy Fox News and the Republicans. People and corporations in America are losing respect for Obama now and are disrespecting the Office of the President itself.
Submitted by jdf on
Respect has to be earned not demanded. After hearing so many lies it will take a long time.
Submitted by David on
Since my "eligibility results" page still comes up totally blank, I guess you need to perform a few more technical enhancements.
When you get blank pages you need to delete your cookies, temporary internet files, and history. Logout of the website, restart your browser and login again.
Submitted by No longer "Totally Frustrated" on
HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS ........ After TWO MONTHS of total frustration, numerous phones calls and jumping through endless hoops, I discovered that you don't need to download Chrome OR clean your cookies/cache ... feel free to do so if you want. :o) HOWEVER ..... HERE IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME!!!! The key insurer in our state is BC/BS and I knew what plan I wanted/could afford. Here's what I did: * created an account on BC/BS site; * selected the plan I wanted; * this directed me to healthcare.gov site; * created a NEW account on marketplace; * entered all the info as asked * .... within 45 minutes I had in place a COMPLETED APPLICATION WITH THE HEALTH PLAN I SELECTED. You can also view the plans in your state via the healthcare.gov website. Scroll down to the bottom > under Quick Information [lower left], click on "Health Plans". This will take you to listing of all states, which you need to refine to compare and look at plans. You DO NOT need an account to view these plans. Although I was hesitant to start another application [previous app is STILL in progress and STUCK], I felt that time of of the essence. I'm happy that I listened to my instincts. Happy Holidays!
Submitted by James Wimberley on
Congratulation son your success! One of very many. " you don't need to download Chrome OR clean your cookies/cache.." Possibly so; possibly not, as it's HHS' official advice, not just Glynis'. Some of the bug fixes may address these problems, but we don't know. The advice is for people who hit problems the first time round. Short of giving up, there are two ways to tackle this situation. One is to change just one thing, and see if it works. You may get lucky, or you may have to try several times. The other is to assume you are working in a hostile IT environment and apply Moscow Rules: those applied by Cold War spies on the KGB' s home turf, in other words paranoia. This may well be overkill but gives you the best chance. Virgin and up-to-date browser (not Firefox), plugins disabled except latest Java, crib sheet to hand, close other apps on your PC, doublecheck each datum entered.
Submitted by Tom on
I KNEW the site would be fixed and continually improved. I never once doubted the President or the people working on this project. Thank you all! Tom Vitale
Submitted by ap on
Please fix Error Id: 500.108107
Submitted by Rebecca on
I can't get to the site. Is it down?
Submitted by bailee barnes on
Via phone and internet, I am not getting any detailed info on the 5 categories (bronze, gold, silver, etc) without giving up my SSN. Not going to do it. Should be standard, what each categories entail, for example, what are the copay for office visits? Which category have dental plans and the out pocket for dental, so on and on. This should be simply.
Go to either valuepenguin.com or healthsherpa.com. These sites give details on the plans available in every state.
Submitted by JOHN on
too little; too late. not to mention the outright lies
Submitted by Roger on
I hope to be proven wrong, but I think the chance of the system working for the "vast majority" of users by Monday is slim to none and slim left town. I think this will be the case even we use the government definition of "vast majority" as 51%. I've been trying to submit and application since October 1st and haven't been successful yet.
Submitted by Susan on
Please let people be able to delete their own accounts so those stuck since October can re-use their regular emails. Thank you.
Submitted by Sams on
We know there will continue to be a lot of work done to improve the site in the next few months, but on the political front - and for the short-term prospects for the law - Dec. 1 is an important milestone. Good luck on this critical work.
Submitted by Eric on
Seems the site still stops you dead in your tracks right away with 'Error 500.806'. If you call in they ask for your SSN, then they try to log into your account and run into the same exact error. Completely preventing enrollment even if you know the plan you want.
People who are stuck at various points who created an account in Oct or early Nov should create a new account with a new username, new password, and a different email address. Comments here and elsewhere confirm that this works. Delete your cookies, temporary internet files, and history first. Make sure your browser and java plugin are up to date. Chrome browser seems to be working best for most people. Internet Explorer and Safari also work, Firefox doesn't work well at all. Whenever you get error messages or blank pages you should delete your cookies, logout, restart your browser, and login again. For tips and tricks on how to complete the application and enroll in a plan and help troubleshooting the common problems being posted here, Google: "my obamacare success story: It was worth the wait!"