An Update on HealthCare.gov

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Today, we provided an operational update on the status of HealthCare.gov.  In terms of the user experience today, we are seeing slowness in the Marketplace application and some users are having difficulties with log-ins.  We are working now to identify the root causes and put in place repairs as soon as possible.

There is still a lot of work to do, but our efforts to improve and enhance HealthCare.gov continue to progress.  Overnight, the team added a new software release that included dozens of fixes. These focused on improving the user experience and agent and broker processes.

Specifically, these fixes included:

• Improvements to the HealthCare.gov Marketplace application. For example, enabling consumers to input and properly save income and citizenship information so that they can smoothly continue through the process.
  • Improvements that allow individuals and agents and brokers to locate partially completed applications more easily, and complete the process more efficiently.
  • Enhanced notifications to consumers to help them know whether they have correctly input their information.

Last night’s software release was another important step as the team continues to focus on making the site work better for consumers who are looking for affordable, quality health coverage, as well as addressing key punch list items that improve the site’s backend functionality.

Comments

Submitted by Evelyn on
I cannot get in to the healthcare market at all
Submitted by Peggy on
I keep getting message on my home screen saying "You have a notice available about your Marketplace eligibility. " There are usually four of these messages, however, I cannot click on the message or get to it in any way or open it, them. Tried live chat and she told me there should be a download button for the notice, but nope, no such thing.
Submitted by Vinnie on
Same here. No way to view the notification -- only an X button to remove the message on the web site.
Submitted by James on
I've encountered the same problem. Repeatedly. Notification. Notifications. Notifications. Yet nowhere to read or download. Live chat was about as useful as a band-aid on an arterial wound.
Submitted by Will on
I had same problem. try scrolling down below the "you have a notice..." lines to the line that says "view my current applications". click the blue box under that line that says "2014 application for..." That should take you to a new page showing a box that says "My plans and programs" Over on the left click the line that says "Eligibility and appeals". scroll down and click the green box that says "View Eligibility Results" then view or save the pdf file. If your eligibility results look wrong then you have to file a paper appeal through the mail. good luck with that...
Submitted by Will on
I got the Eligiblity Notice right after I submitted my application on Oct. 17. At that time you clicked right on the message line and a pdf file opened which told incorrectly told me I was not eligible for tax credits and my wife was not eligible for anything. Now those same message lines don't work when I click on them. You may be able to get an idea of what your eligibility notice says by looking at a specific health plan and asking for the price for you. In my case this resulted in a page that told me the price and amount of tax credits. But don't ENROLL in a plan unless you are absolutely sure you want it.... I enrolled in the wrong one and now it won't let me TERMINATE or cancel the plan.
Submitted by Bridget on
I created a login for healthcare.gov in early August after receiving notification from my insurance company that my and my husband's policies would be cancelled as of December 31. I was able to complete my application around October 4, but could not get past the View Eligibility Results button. Not long after that, it became impossible to even login. When I try to login, it just reloads the login screen. I hope this helps HHS understand some of the problems that still need to be addressed. I also hope there is some kind of plan in place in case those of us that are losing our insurance are still unable to access healthcare.gov at the beginning of December.
Submitted by D on
EXACT same situation here Bridget! Glad to know I'm not alone.
Submitted by Frank on
Same issue still remains. Click on view results it either takes you back to start over or a blank page. What is troubling here when I call and ask about this issue you get the same response. Tech difficulties. Thats fine but I ask if these issues are written up and past to a higher authority and no one knows!! What the heck! Without these people writting tickets for the issues how are the going to pin down the problems?
Submitted by James on
Encountered this problem multiple times as well. After the long drawn out process of filling out the application (it took multiple edits to get it to show the correct information), I get to where it says I can view my eligibility results. When I click the button, a blank page. Live chat tried feeding me a line about pop up blockers... here's a big hint: pop up blockers would actually block the window from opening. I've been patient for 3 weeks, but I'm really getting annoyed.
Submitted by Pat on
I can't complete the application because the dental plans don"t show up and it won't allow me to change the status to back out of enrollment in dental either. I also m need income verification to go through.
Submitted by Christine on
Please put on a notice on the front page when the final verification process has been fixed. I have had to completely re-enter our application a dozen times only to find out the verification process is still down. It is very time consuming only to find out I need to "review and submit" my application again. On that note, it would be helpful to change some language throughout the application process. My application always says "In progress". Changing activites to "Application not complete", then "Submitted" or "In Review" would let users know who owns the next activity. -Former software tester
Submitted by Deborah on
Keep going in and get the message that my application is not complete. Go in and complete all info, and get to the page to submit, and keep getting a page stating the verification system is down. Will be processed within the next 24 hrs. Go in after 24 hrs, and keeps saying application is NOT complete. Seems to be some sort of circular error. I have completed all questions. HELP. Have called an no one there knows what the problem is or knows how they can help. What should I do? Can I delete the application and start over?
Submitted by Jerry on
Me too. A lot worse AFTER the "fixes" have been applied. Mailed an app as well and did the phone. The phone app is waiting for verification process to be repaired - "call tomorrow." I even have found a plan that fulfills the President's promises - I just need to get in (and get pediatric dental care: I'm 62 :-) .)
Submitted by Amy on
I'm right there with you Deborah. Exactly the same situation!
I noticed something new since Nov. 6: Error messages implemented! Now when a REST call times out or ends with an error, the user actually gets to see an error on the screen - and the advice to try again after 30 mintues. Great. As there are still a lot of REST errors, this may lead to a worse end user perception initially. The thing is that we are witnessing a site in development, while trying to use it.
Submitted by George H Ruth on
And who is it exactly that made the decision to put a site under development into production for the American public to attempt to use? I know it is neither President Obama, Secretary Sebelius, anyone at CMS or HHS or who is otherwise employed by or part of the decision making process within the Federal government. Maybe it was the 'Old Perfesser', Casey Stengel. Boy, he could play and manage both.
TypeError: this.modelIndApp is undefined https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/auth/MS/en_US/myAccount.js Line 8449 on page https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/auth/MS/en_US/myAccount?appId=?????????#applications where ? is replacing my appld.
When can we expect some responsiveness on this site? Hello? Hello? Is anybody there?
Submitted by K on
1. I cannot view my eligibility results. I have been suck at this point for a month. 2. I get an e-mail telling me to log in to view notices. But once logged in where are the notices to be view? 3.You should put the following information in the e-mails about notices. Where to go once you have logged in to view the notices. The site has way too many problems not to have detail instructions on viewing notices online.
When I click "verify now" to verify my identity and it takes me to a page that says, "Sorry, we can't find that page on HealthCare.gov" -- how am I ever going to be able to use this site? I have FIVE WEEKS to get a new policy because mine has been cancelled and I can't get any further in the site than I could five weeks ago. I support the ACA, but this is awful...
Submitted by jdf on
Remember the definition of insanity is when you try the same thing over and over and expect different results.
Submitted by Linda on
I created an account BEFORE October 1st in response to the many emails I was sent urging me to avoid the rush and set up an account. I cannot log in; every time I try (and I've tried repeatedly, with different browsers), I get sent back to the log in page. And I can't create a new account, since I'm in the system. Please help--my COBRA benefits (for me and my daughter) run out 1/1/14.
Submitted by Melanie on
Please fix the Dental section of the enrollment task list. I am working with a Resolution Specialist and she has been great but also can not get me past the dental section. It will not take "No" for an answer. Stuck in a loop and can't finish until I'm out of it.
Submitted by Charley on
I agree w/Richard. Please FIX the View Eligibility Results. I've been waiting since Oct 9