An Update on HealthCare.gov

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Today, we provided an operational update on the status of HealthCare.gov.  In terms of the user experience today, we are seeing slowness in the Marketplace application and some users are having difficulties with log-ins.  We are working now to identify the root causes and put in place repairs as soon as possible.

There is still a lot of work to do, but our efforts to improve and enhance HealthCare.gov continue to progress.  Overnight, the team added a new software release that included dozens of fixes. These focused on improving the user experience and agent and broker processes.

Specifically, these fixes included:

• Improvements to the HealthCare.gov Marketplace application. For example, enabling consumers to input and properly save income and citizenship information so that they can smoothly continue through the process.
  • Improvements that allow individuals and agents and brokers to locate partially completed applications more easily, and complete the process more efficiently.
  • Enhanced notifications to consumers to help them know whether they have correctly input their information.

Last night’s software release was another important step as the team continues to focus on making the site work better for consumers who are looking for affordable, quality health coverage, as well as addressing key punch list items that improve the site’s backend functionality.

Comments

I can't proceed until the '' View Eligibility Results'' tab starts working. I've tried at all times of the day...it's not busy, it's broke.
Submitted by Jill Goodspeed on
Add me to another "View Eligibility Results" blank page!
Submitted by Louise on
"Important: You can only have one application per state." This is just one of the messages I'm getting that doesn't make any sense. "You have a notice available about your Marketplace eligibility." This not is at the top of the page but it doesn't say what the notice is. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.
Submitted by Janice on
It has been more than 40 days since application submitted (Oct 2), Acknowledgment was received by HealthCare.gov, it was verified by Experian (twice). And since then, I have received "You have a notice available about your identity verification. Status: In Progress". I have not been able to see plans details or subsidies(pricing), etc. Current policy cancelled as of 12/31/13. Experian says don't verify by phone again. They can only accept two. The ACA site also says "Application Incomplete" And asks to be completed now. It has been completed several times in the last 40+days by using save and change, reading missing data and using the upload file link with driver's license and voter ID. How will I know when the site is useable? And application is accepted?
Submitted by Denise on
Finally!!! I got it all done....the secret is when you go to the page that shows your progress and it states "In progress" underneath is a list of things you've done, some are locked and one may say SET in green....you have to double click on that set box and the whole process begins to get a plan and prices. I did this for each box and went all the way through and got my insurance and even paid through the company I picked. I AM FINISHED....YAHOO! Remember the key is double clicking on the set box highlighted in green.
Submitted by Alison on
My identity has been verified, but my application keeps showing as "in progress" (for weeks now). What gives? Tried "Live Chat," but being told to clear my web history was a ridiculous and insulting solution to what is clearly a data processing issue at the site. Like one of the other writers, I also need insurance by January 1. I'm getting less confident every day that this will happen.
Submitted by Denise on
Opened an account today (first time) and am stuck on "in progress". Cant see plans or prices. So I logged out and went back to home page and viewed estimated plans/ prices in my state without logging in and when I scrolled to the bottom it stated this...All health plans and stand-alone dental plans may not be available at this time, due to technical issues. We'll update this information as soon as it's available. So I figure since I have an ID # and started the process at least I'm there and when and if they decide to avoid penalties I'll be safe on that end, I hope! I haven't had insurance for twenty years so waiting a little while longer won't hurt me. Gotta be cheaper than average of 600.00 per month which i could never afford.
Submitted by David on
Identity verification failure notice received Oct 21. Uploaded and mailed in copy of driver's license. Been waiting nearly a month with no resolution. I have called and chatted online with some very nice people who could only say continue to wait. Except for the "Identity verification in progress" and "Verification under review" on my profile page, how do I know that the "system" is really verifying my identity and that I will get out of this hell hole? I want to start saving some money on premiums!
Submitted by Patrick Duffy on
Hi - the CACs who report to me have not seen an improvement as yet. One of our key issues is it seems the system is catering correctly for Native Americans in that it rejected an application on the basis that there are "No tribes in Wyoming"
Submitted by fred on
Add me to another "View Eligibility Results" blank page. Also, do not see way to adjust income information without starting over with new application.
Submitted by Karl on
Same thing for me and my wife. 10/13/2013 was the original submission...... nothing. I chatted with them on-line last week and they said "please give it 1 to 2 weeks from the time you submitted. Really? Don't make me do the math.
Submitted by Pamela on
I have frozen credit to protect myself from identity theft. When the Marketplace could not verify my identity via Experian, I was asked to submit another form of identity information. I scanned and e-mailed my drivers license. The site indicates that it received the information. Four weeks later, I am still waiting for identify verification. It should not be that difficult.
Submitted by Enrique on
I will like to register
Submitted by Kim on
I created an account months ago. I was getting email updatges fine. After Oct 1st my app got stuck on the identity verification page...but I was given an option to continue app. I have not been able to log in , I have the link to reset PW sent and still site doesn't let me log in. Not a pw error becasue I purposely entered the wrong PW and got an error message. When I enter the correct log in It just revert back to log in screen as if I didn't enter anything.. Frustrated I called and did an app over the phone . It has been three weeks and I haven't heard anything!!!
Submitted by Francisco on
The site is say my application has been processed and I am being presented with a "View Eligibility Results" to click on. Once clicked a new browser tab is opened with a blank page. This has been happening for the last 3 weeks. Tried on all browsers with same results.
Submitted by SD on
I get the same thing. Click on view results and get a blank page. This has been for the past month.
Submitted by JS on
Ditto here. My application was accepted Oct 4 and I have tried since then to view eligibility results. Just get a blank page or no action at all when clicking the button. I called about it and they could not see it either from their end, but there was no solution offered.
Submitted by Brenda on
After weeks of not being able to access the website I finally did a phone application. Three weeks later they cannot tell me when I can expect verification of eligibility (by snail mail). My question is this -- what happens when the December 15th deadline passes and I have not been able select a policy for January coverage. Everyone talks about the March 15th deadline but what are those of us with a December 15th deadline supposed to do? Is Obamacare going to pay my medical expenses for that month? I don't hear this issue being addressed by anyone.
Submitted by Marianne on
I'm having problem when they have to put there e- mail in for some reason system bounces me out
Submitted by Melissa on
I have completed an application to the point where I submitted successfully Identity verification. I did this twice around the first of October and have not heard anything back. When I try to log in now it just goes back to the log in page. I also sent a copy of my drivers license (identity verification requested) through the mail and included my ID number from the application three weeks ago and have not heard anything. I have been told that my account is locked for whatever reason.
Submitted by Teresa on
Still can't log in: login page simply reloads when I try and log in. Hopefully this problem is high on the list of bugs that need fixing asap!
This is crap
Submitted by Brian on
I have completed the application and I have my letter stating I am eligible for insurance, however when I click on the view results to see what plans I can get. It goes to the application and wants me to start all over again.
Submitted by David on
You need to ask them to select their state on the home page. The place you are asking them to do this now is after they have selected their first choice on the home page, Then the page it takes them to has the spot to select their state BELOW THE FULL PAGE VIEW ...SO IF THEY DO NOT SCROLL DOWN THEY DO NOT KNOW THAT THEY HAVE TO ENTER THEIR STATE TO CONTINUE ...WHAT IS WORSE IS THAT YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE AN ALERT THAT APPEARS (if they do select a choice without scrolling) THAT SAYS THAT THEY NEED TO ENTER THEIR STATE BEFORE CONTINUING. SO NOW IF THEY CLICK BEFORE SCROLLING NOTHING HAPPENS AND THEY MAYASSUME THAT THE SITE IS STILL NOT WORKING AND GIVE UP. I HAVE DESIGNED WEBSITES FOR EIGHT YEARS AND THESE ARE THINGS THAT ARE BASIC TO ANY DESIGN.
Submitted by Dave on
I cannot combine my wife and I into one group. Currently we are two groups and need to have two separate plans. BCBS allows a spouse on a plan. I have been checking and waiting patiently for a month for this bug to get fixed.