An Update on HealthCare.gov

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Today, we provided an operational update on the status of HealthCare.gov.  In terms of the user experience today, we are seeing slowness in the Marketplace application and some users are having difficulties with log-ins.  We are working now to identify the root causes and put in place repairs as soon as possible.

There is still a lot of work to do, but our efforts to improve and enhance HealthCare.gov continue to progress.  Overnight, the team added a new software release that included dozens of fixes. These focused on improving the user experience and agent and broker processes.

Specifically, these fixes included:

• Improvements to the HealthCare.gov Marketplace application. For example, enabling consumers to input and properly save income and citizenship information so that they can smoothly continue through the process.
  • Improvements that allow individuals and agents and brokers to locate partially completed applications more easily, and complete the process more efficiently.
  • Enhanced notifications to consumers to help them know whether they have correctly input their information.

Last night’s software release was another important step as the team continues to focus on making the site work better for consumers who are looking for affordable, quality health coverage, as well as addressing key punch list items that improve the site’s backend functionality.

Comments

Submitted by felix on
i get this error at login.... tfeUser ToolGetFFE User PrincipalGetFirstName...please help thanks
Submitted by JEP on
Hello, is anyone listening? Unless you get this thing working, come Jan 1st, I won't have any HC insurance. My application has been hung up since 10/8 as "pending". I've called the 800 number and spoken to representatives at least 10 times and each time they tell me to be patient and to try back again. The last time I called, they said they would have a "specialist" call me in 2 to 5 days. I'm still waiting for the call. For those who say this site is getting better, they're either very lucky or they're working for the Obama administration. Have to wonder if this is like the IRS and they're targeting people based on their political beliefs. Whether true or not, one has to wonder based on the lies that have been told by these people.
Submitted by Alan on
I filled out the paper application and sent it in a few weeks ago. Today I get an e-mail from healthcare.gov telling me I have a message on my site and to log in and read id. I click the link to log on enter my user name and password site opens but nothing is diaplayed. Just show my profile my application and coverage is nothing and does not open, Hoe do I get my message?
Submitted by pat on
I am convinced that there is never going to be a fix.
Submitted by Kathy on
Here I am again to say I'm still stuck in the incomplete application, identity verifying, pending verification zone. Am I damned to this place forever? My insurance runs out in 22 days. I need to be onboard for January 1st. Can anyone there PLEASE acknowledge if this is being worked on at all or if we should start all over? The call center said my application went through, just waiting for verification. I'd hate to start over only for the first application to finally be verified. I can see progress being made, thank you!
Submitted by Richard on
Please fix the ability to open "View Eligibility Results"
Submitted by Patricia on
I'm stuck at this point also. When I open "View Eligibility Results" I get a blank page with a web address that has the word /null/ as the last word in the address. This has been my situation since my application was processed in the middle of October.
Submitted by JenMarie on
I have the exact same situation. Processed on the 16th of October, and every single day since then have had the /null link open. The people in the call center can't even deal with it. It's been a month now....what gives? :/
Submitted by Dennis on
Agree the team should be getting user feedback. I have been trying to get ID approval since uploading drivers license Nov 2 having started app process Oct 2. Call center said it would take 24 to 48 hours for approval. Now saying it will take 1 to 2 weeks. Was offered opportunity to create another application. Tried that and now the call center says they have no record of the app. In my opinion the system is terminal.
Submitted by Beverly on
I am stuck at the verification process. I am ready to purchase insurance and can't get past the verification. Even the chat people cannot help me. I keep being told to try again. Very frustrating.