Ongoing Software Fixes to Improve User Experience

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Last night, we added several dozen software fixes to the HealthCare.gov website, as we continue to make steady progress towards ensuring that the site works smoothly for the vast majority of users by the end of November. These fixes address key functions of the site:  improving user experience; improving the enrollment process; and improving the workflow for agents, brokers and call center representatives.

Here are a few examples of last night’s fixes in each category:

• First, to improve the user experience we’ve streamlined the site by removing potentially confusing screens and displays and adding helpful icons and calendar functions.
  • Second, to improve the enrollment process, several fixes focused on ensuring that information is correctly provided to  users as they navigate through the site, so that people can move more efficiently and effectively through the enrollment process, and can be assured that the input they provide to the system is displayed properly.
    We’ve also made changes to the summary and the review sections of the application so that information is displayed in a more user friendly manner. For example, records now show which coverage is being cancelled for a member—something particularly important to ensuring accuracy of 834 notices.
  • Third, to improve the workflow for agents, brokers and Call Center representatives, we undertook further improvements overnight to make it easier for them to work through the site.  For example, now Call Center representatives can get to Plan Compare without going through the entire application, again.  Additionally, Call Center representatives now no longer receive error messages when a search result does not return any records.

We experienced a 3 hour outage on the site on Wednesday afternoon, as well as a brief outage of 10 to 15 minutes Tuesday afternoon.  We understand how frustrating this is for users.  But it’s important to note that while HealthCare.gov is working better every day, there will be times when, like every website, it will not perform as it should. These were examples of those times. But in each instance, the team was able to fix the issue and get the system back online. Such occasional slowdowns and unscheduled outages may continue.

We expect to make further progress in resolving high priority issues in the coming days. We still have work to do, but as progress to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements, and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Ignore the red banner. Glynis is right, that is just a reminder to review your information. I am pretty sure it shows up for everyone. You should be able to access your eligibility results by clicking on Eligibility and Appeals on the page before the Enroll to do list. It will be a big green button, you can't miss it. To view your plans, on your enroll to do list you should see a green button with the word "set" in it. Click that and follow the directions. It should take about 30 seconds.
Submitted by Ron M on
Gave up on applying using my name, as my manual verification is still "pending". My wife created an account instead. She got verified and got an eligibility notice saying we were all eligible. But the system keeps saying our application must be completed to get into choosing plans. Clicking that link comes back to the page you get when you log in. Seems to be in a circular loop. Guess we'll never get this thing to work. Congratulations Obamacare on grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.
Submitted by Donna on
Scroll down a bit and click on the green "Set" icon. Then follow instructions.
Submitted by Ann on
I'm unable to get to my application to finish. After logon, I get an error message. Tried again, same results. Message: "undefined "Unable to access HUB "Error ID:500.100" I hope this gets fixed so I can move on with the application and finally find out what my options / costs will be, and choose from the two plans available for my state residents.
Submitted by ltc on
Hi, I have encountered the same problem. I would like to know if you found a solution?, able to go past this hurdle & finally enroll? Thanks.
Submitted by carrie alvers on
Same thing!! Continuous errors. Today its "cannot access HUB 500.100" at the enrollment section. WHAT GIVES? !!!!
Submitted by william on
same problem here. I've tried for 2 months now. I guess it won't get fixed! Do I really have to call these people? I use my computer on many different websites and have no problems. We're they able to help ou?
Submitted by Rene on
Were you able to find out what the error was for? I also am having the same Error ID:500.100 error, I'm curious if you were able to resolve the problem...
Application still "in progress" even though I applied online and then supposed applied with a phone rep. They knew nothing, called again no suggestions as to how to move on from in progress. Extremely frustrated since I know the plans are good and the idea is excellent. What does "in progress" mean? Will I move on eventually, do I need to keep trying each day? Very difficult and I need to sign up asap. Call center is terrible, they do not have any suggestions whatsoever.
Submitted by Mary on
I set up an account in 8/13. I have not been able to log onto it since 10/2/13, when I submitted a phone application. After several calls, they say I am enrolled, despite 3 applications with 3 id #'s. (I only made one) I am unable to log on (keep getting bounced back to the login page) They say they cannot mail me the plan choices. I NEED TO SEE THE COVERAGE DETAILS AND PREMIUM PRICES BEFORE I CHOOSE A PLAN.
Submitted by sam on
i have been able to enroll but i have been unable to see my "notice of marketplace eligibility" and when i called the representatives said they could not see my info or were not allowed to give me the information. i am at a loss what to do.
Submitted by Robert on
It took a week to get an account. Now it won't accept me user name and or password and won't allow me to re-set my password!
try the 'forgot your username' link and see what you get back.
Submitted by Linda on
Please help me....... I just need to update/amend my income on the application. Why can't I do this on line and why can't the representatives and specialists help correct my income????
Submitted by Rose on
Submitted by Gary on
What is "error ID: 500.000888"? How do I get past it?
Error ID:500.000888 I get this error just trying to create an account. PLEASE fix it!!
Submitted by Jeremy on
Jan. 24th and it still isn't fixed. Tax dollars at work.
Submitted by jeff s on
another lie (web site is fixed) bty the liar-in chief
Submitted by Bec t\ on
Error ID:500.000888 I don't blame those at call center, get new tech people, or someone that knows what they are doing
Submitted by Leah on
I've gotten the same thing 27 times now.
Submitted by Fred on
Same thing: PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!! Fix this error message. I'm Begging you!!! I continue to get it an infinite amount ot times!!!! See below: Sorry, our system is temporarily down There's a problem. Try logging in again after 30 minutes. If you continue to get this message, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. You'll need the Error ID and Application ID shown below. Error Id: 500.000888
Submitted by Deborah on
Yep, been getting this error numerous times when trying to fill out the application
Submitted by Lindsey on
I second that request. As part of a broker's office that is trying to help MANY users get registered for health insurance, it is very frustrating to continually see this error message with a large number of them. They all want to be registered as of 01/01/2014, but have missed out on January's coverage because of this issue. Thank you.
Submitted by PJ on
Ughhhhhhh after 50 minutes, including untold time on the phone "unlocking" the account I created in October, I got to the very end of signup (i.e. provided all income information, employer name, etc) and then, just as I thought I was done...Error Id: 500.000888!!!!!!!! Help!!!!! This is every bit as bad as the critics and comedians say it is. Arrrrrrgggggg!!!