Ongoing Software Fixes to Improve User Experience

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Last night, we added several dozen software fixes to the HealthCare.gov website, as we continue to make steady progress towards ensuring that the site works smoothly for the vast majority of users by the end of November. These fixes address key functions of the site:  improving user experience; improving the enrollment process; and improving the workflow for agents, brokers and call center representatives.

Here are a few examples of last night’s fixes in each category:

• First, to improve the user experience we’ve streamlined the site by removing potentially confusing screens and displays and adding helpful icons and calendar functions.
  • Second, to improve the enrollment process, several fixes focused on ensuring that information is correctly provided to  users as they navigate through the site, so that people can move more efficiently and effectively through the enrollment process, and can be assured that the input they provide to the system is displayed properly.
    We’ve also made changes to the summary and the review sections of the application so that information is displayed in a more user friendly manner. For example, records now show which coverage is being cancelled for a member—something particularly important to ensuring accuracy of 834 notices.
  • Third, to improve the workflow for agents, brokers and Call Center representatives, we undertook further improvements overnight to make it easier for them to work through the site.  For example, now Call Center representatives can get to Plan Compare without going through the entire application, again.  Additionally, Call Center representatives now no longer receive error messages when a search result does not return any records.

We experienced a 3 hour outage on the site on Wednesday afternoon, as well as a brief outage of 10 to 15 minutes Tuesday afternoon.  We understand how frustrating this is for users.  But it’s important to note that while HealthCare.gov is working better every day, there will be times when, like every website, it will not perform as it should. These were examples of those times. But in each instance, the team was able to fix the issue and get the system back online. Such occasional slowdowns and unscheduled outages may continue.

We expect to make further progress in resolving high priority issues in the coming days. We still have work to do, but as progress to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements, and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Submitted by Lorraine on
Same here! I've been on hold on the phone now for 2 hours. Is no one working tonight. Just wondering how am supposed to get coverage starting Jan? It's not my fault I have done everything asked.
Submitted by tim on
I'm there too, any change for you yet?
Submitted by Frank Tudor on
The 500 (anything) error is a server error. It has nothing to do with the client (logout doesn't help on server failures).
Submitted by Alex on
Keep getting: Error ID:500.806 Apparently this has been an issue for weeks and weeks, but no fix?
Submitted by brian on
I have been stuck on this ACA site for two months, i keep getting Error ID:500.806 try back in 30 mins. After I try to opt out of using any of my fed tax money section this is udder BULLSHIT.
Submitted by Kylie Ferguson on
There is an issue with your tax credit generator it says I don't qualify for a tax credit when I clearly do. At $35,000 a year and employer coverage above the 9.5%. Nowhere does it ask how much your emloyee coverage is, how does it determine the 9.5% if it never asks. Even my insurance broker says I qualify. It automatically denied a tax credit, and then the only solution is to file an appeal that takes 90 days? I need affordable insurance for my son now, not 90 days from now.
Submitted by alex john on
Nowhere does it ask how much your emloyee coverage is, how does it determine the 9.5% if it never asks. Even my insurance broker says I qualify. It automatically denied a tax credit, and then the only solution is to file an appeal that takes 90 days? I need affordable insurance for my son now, not 90 days from now http://www.kltincubation.com/
Submitted by Shoyeb Hassan on
Error ID:500.806 I am getting this error for last few weeks please please fix it...............
Submitted by Sal on
This site stinks
Submitted by N. Pena on
Error Id: 500.108107 For several weeks now after I try to get past the last step in the enrollment process to use the Tax Credit - I can never make it to past this section.For weeks I was getting a different error. However, the frustrating thing is that I have been trying to enroll since day one of the launch of the website and this is how far I have gotten. When I call customer care, they are unable to help me. With this new error, they can not open my application to help completed. When is this supposed to be fixed? I must have spent about 10 hours in this error along over the past month. Please fix it soon. This is ridiculous NOW.
Submitted by Aaron on
Error ID:500.806 Started this process at launch. Still haven't seen what the premiums are going to be because the site will not let me set an amount of a tax credit to use. Support is useless. Clear cache. Restart browser. Done and done. Then they suggest I restart my computer. Really? What is this, The IT Crowd? Restarting my computer will NOT fix your screwed up web site.
Submitted by Eric on
Agreed. Seeing the same thing. I really want to be supportive, but not getting help on this for the past 2 weeks.
Submitted by Tony on
I had been stuck in limbo with the premium tax credit information error for weeks among other issues. I went online Nov. 28 and it said my application was inactive so I used that opportunity to create a new one with a different email address. (logged out cleared cache, etc) got through the entire process in a matter of maybe 20 minutes with success!!! So the site is working really well now. I already knew which plan I wanted. Good luck everyone, don't give up.
Submitted by Glenn E Thomas Jr on
I believe what can help on the site is also in the client end user that there computer browser is up to date. I installed Safari Browser and logged to the site with no issue, fast and with hour glass or delay. Advertise links on the site if having trouble to update there browser for End User to download and install.
Submitted by Val on
I have gotten this error id Error Id: 500.108107 For a month now after I try to get past the summary page - I can never make it to the Income section. When is this supposed to be fixed? I must have tried 20 times over the past month. Please fix!
Submitted by Barb on
re 500.108107: I'm getting the same error and it seems like I got their through the same work flow as the other person. My guess is a bug in the workflow. I finished the questions, noticed an error, went back to the beginning to change the questions and now i'm stuck on personal questions. ugh
Submitted by Michael on
an error occurred while getting your premium tax credit information. Please try again. If you continue getting this message, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. Error ID:500.806 Please fix this!!!!!!
Submitted by Mike on
After 45 days of waiting to have my identity verified, I gave up and created a new login. I was able to verify my identity right away and get pretty far through the application. Now I have the same error as Tony and Dee: An error occurred while getting your premium tax credit information. Please try again. If you continue getting this message, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. Error ID:500.806 If anyone has gotten around this, please post how you did it.
Submitted by Dennis on
Same error as mentioned below (Error ID 500.108107) after the summary page. Called the Call center and that person did not know what that error ID even meant. I would think the navigator would at least have a list of error IDs in front of them. Today is the day it was to be fixed. Very disappointing.
Submitted by joanne on
I've been getting this message for the past week. The call center can not fix it and promised to phone me . "An error occurred while getting your premium tax credit information. Please try again. If you continue getting this message, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325" Error ID:500.806" how can I fix this to complete my enrollment
Submitted by Bill on
I can complete the application fairly easily until I get to the ID verification part.Then it always says"we are unable to verify the application,check back in 24 hours"This has happened for over a month now.In the first place it's un-American to force people to pay for insurance.If you're gonna take away our rights at least let us get thru the application.Thanks Obama.
Submitted by Tony on
I've been getting this message for the past 2 weeks. The call center can not fix it and promised phone calls do not come. "An error occurred while getting your premium tax credit information. Please try again. If you continue getting this message, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325" Error ID:500.806" Has anyone ever gotten around this?
Submitted by Elaine on
Same issue, last week.
Submitted by Steve on
I get through the "Family and Household" Section which ends with a "Summary". When I hit "Save and Continue" I always get the same stupid error page ... Sorry, our system is temporarily down ... There's a problem. Try logging in again after 30 minutes. If you continue to get this message, call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. You'll need the Error ID and Application ID shown below. Error Id: 500.108107 So I call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 and they get errors too and are unable to help me complete my application. Their solution is always the same ... try again in an hour then call them back if a problem. Well, guess what ... that solution is ridiculous because I have had the same error screen pop up for days! Plus, I have to go through every single question in this Section in order to get back to the Summary. Why? I already answered all those same questions a hundred times. And, if there is an error within my responses will someone please tell me what it is so I can get past this stupid Summary!
Submitted by Rahman on
Having the same problem for a month....everytime I call them they say try again after 30 mintues....and I have to start over again..and every submits take 30 sec to load..how annoying!