Progress Over the Weekend

Monday, November 18, 2013

Over the past few weeks, we’ve made measurable progress to improve HealthCare.gov, addressing both software glitches and hardware upgrades–all of which will make a meaningful difference in the consumer experience.

I’m pleased to say that, as of today, we’ve cleared more items from our punch list that will have a direct, positive impact on consumers using the site. The pace and quality of execution on bug fixes and hardware upgrades intensified when QSSI came in as general contractor and thanks to their management and coordination with CMS leadership and our other contractors we made progress over the weekend implementing important fixes.

Nearly half of the fixes resolved issues specifically related to issues within the application and another set of fixes focused on improving Plan Compare shopping functionality.

Some of the most consumer-facing examples of improvements are:

• Issues that were preventing some users from proceeding through the income information of the online application have been fixed.
  • Users can now select “weekly,” for the frequency they receive unemployment benefits.

In the Plan Compare shopping:

• When consumers choose a Catastrophic coverage plan, the available dental coverage for that plan now appears properly.
  • When users save plan information in the Plan Compare section, those results now display correctly.

In addition to these software fixes that significantly improve the user experience, we also increased system capacity. This upgrade is part of an ongoing hardware improvement process that will help keep the system stable with growing volume, improving overall system performance.

We have a lot more work to do but as this work to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Submitted by Julita on
I still cannot enroll!!!! HELP!!!! I need insurance!
Did you try to enroll by phone?
Submitted by Mary on
Have tried logging in about 20 times today and still can't get in. Is it me or this site? My insurance has been canceled and would like to get some before 1st of year. Thanks for this mess
What is happening when you are trying to login. Are you getting error messages?
Submitted by JohnT on
ummmm - still waiting on fixing the verification issues for all of those people in verification pending - that SHOULD be an easy metric to capture
If you're still waiting for verification then the best advise is to create a new account with a new username, new password and new email address. The accounts that were created when there was verification problems have become corrupted and can't be fixed. Delete cookies and temporary internet files before you create a new account.
Submitted by Brian on
For those still waiting on having their identity verified and where under User Profile it indicates verification pending, my solution was to create a new account and start the process over again. When I did this everything went smoothly,. My identity was verified after answering a few questions and I was able to view my plans. For those still waiting I suggest you try this. It might work.
Submitted by James Wimberley on
Well done Glynis and Brian, healthgov sherpas! HHS should not have set up a blog without any plan to respond to the issues raised, but since they have, self-help is the best way forward. Users should bookmark this help page: https://www.healthcare.gov/blog/3-tips-to-remember-when-you-create-a-marketplace-account/
Submitted by Tracy on
The "Premium tax credit usage" box in the application section of my account is displaying an incorrect amount for our subsidy. The number that I see is the premium for the benchmark plan, i.e., the second-lowest cost silver plan. That amount is 3.5 times higher than the actual tax credit that we will be receiving. This error occurs in both browsers that I've tried, and has been occurring ever since we completed initial enrollment on November 1.
Submitted by MaryBeth on
I am really disappointed. I tried to get coverage for my kids last week by calling, spent an hour on the phone. Call back today, my application is lost, then not complete. Now having to re-do it, answering questions like is my 4 yr old married and have income. While that is just anectdotal-it's not ok that my application was finished and is not unfinished. I only have one more week of open enrollment through work and I am doubtful that I can get assurances that I can enroll my kids in the marketplace instead-so there you have lost two young healthy folks that could be in the pool. I am a big supporter of the President and ACA-I am also a software tester and so this is all so sad and disappointing and was totally preventable.
I called a week ago and spent an hour on the phone filling out an application for my children. I was happy to do so because I support the ACA. I called back to check this week, and my application was not complete! I only have one more week to find out if I am going to go with one of these plans, as my employer has only a week left of open enrollment. So now I'm on the phone again, doing the same application on the phone, again. Answering questions like is my 4 yr old married and does he have income. I'm really disappointed, I don't even know what to say!
Submitted by Ramon on
Keep up the good work.
Submitted by Kathy on
I'm still waiting for my husband's green card to be verified. We got our tax savings info, but will not be "enrolled" until this is verified. I uploaded it on Nov. 7. The technical part of the site is much better than Oct. 1st, but who is actually working on the verification of the uploaded/mailed stuff? One person? Tech people, keep up the good work! I'm still not giving up.
Submitted by Dexter on
I have been trying to complete my application since the beginning of October. I have been stuck at IDENTITY VERIFICATION FOR NEARLY 6 WEEKS NOW. I have even mailed in photocopies of ID's to your London, KY address 3-4 weeks ago. Please help!
If you've been stuck that long you should create a new account with a new username, a new password, and new email account. Delete your cookies and temporary internet files first. This has been successful for other people stuck where you are.
Submitted by Cathy on
I enrolled with no problems, had compared plans previously. Took less than an hour. Thank you for the health coverage. Yes, I initially had problems with logging in. Once the emails were cleared was able to recreate!
Submitted by Frances Fowler on
I still can not get enrolled. The system on the Enroll to do list wants me to select two insurance plans. It's like it thinks I'm two people but i'm only one. Then i cant go down to the dental or to the confirm. Was hoping to get enrolled in time to have insurance by 1/1/2014.
Something got corrupted in your account that is causing this. The only thing you can do at this point is create a new account with a new username, a new password, and new email address. Delete your cookies and temporary internet files first. It's a hassle but there is no way to delete applications.
Submitted by CLE Insurance Broker on
Worthless - I created an account, email was verified and then log in information won't work. Called to reset password and the account representative wasn't able to do it (said there was an error). He told me to click on forgot password. Email was sent, clicked on link and message says "important - can't locate account". Seriously?? If an insurance broker with 15+ years experience in the insurance business can't get it done, how frustrating it must be for consumers? What an absolute nightmare!
Submitted by Nancie on
While I do not need to sign up at this time of my life I ask that you "Keep up the good work in getting this system up and running to 100%. Every American will be so happy to know that their family is covered with affordable health insurance. It is the most comforting feeling one can have!!
Submitted by Laura on
I did my application over the phone 3 weeks ago,I have a password and I went to my email and it said you have set up an account it's successful But I can not log on it says error 501 504 website not recognized is this going to get fixed, My laptop is a month old so I have the newest software I just want to shop for a plan!
Do you get that error when you try to login or can't you even get to the login page?
Submitted by Jennifer on
I have been trying for weeks to terminate the plan I enrolled in and change it to another plan. I cannot not do that since your terminate button does not work and no one knows what to do at the Advanced Resolution Center.
Submitted by Reggie52 on
I have completed my application at least 3 times and always was told to wait for eligibility results. When I returned to check for the results it tells me my application is incomplete but does not tell me why it is incomplete. So I filled out application again to completion and told to check back later. Well last week in frustration I clicked on the "Eligibility/Appeals" button and it tells me that my application has been processed and my eligibility results are available (How long have they been ready and I didn't know?) and it had a button for "Check Eligibility Results" but when I push the button nothing happens. Now today the web page won't even let me log on. They say they are making progress but all I see is digress.
If you completed 3 different applications using the same username and password it's going to show that you have to select 3 plans and it won't let you finish if you don't. The only way you'll be able to fix that is by starting over by creating a new account with a new username, a new password, and new email address. Delete your cookies and temporary internet files first. Currently, there is no way to delete applications using the account you had previously. The instructions are not clear and it is confusing. You are supposed to click on the "Eligibility and appeals" link on the left side of the page next to the "Resume Enrollment" button to see your eligibility results. Also, once you get to the "Enroll To Do List" the red banner you'll see saying to review your application details is strictly a reminder. You can proceed to see and compare plans by clicking the green "Set".