Progress Over the Weekend

Monday, November 18, 2013

Over the past few weeks, we’ve made measurable progress to improve HealthCare.gov, addressing both software glitches and hardware upgrades–all of which will make a meaningful difference in the consumer experience.

I’m pleased to say that, as of today, we’ve cleared more items from our punch list that will have a direct, positive impact on consumers using the site. The pace and quality of execution on bug fixes and hardware upgrades intensified when QSSI came in as general contractor and thanks to their management and coordination with CMS leadership and our other contractors we made progress over the weekend implementing important fixes.

Nearly half of the fixes resolved issues specifically related to issues within the application and another set of fixes focused on improving Plan Compare shopping functionality.

Some of the most consumer-facing examples of improvements are:

• Issues that were preventing some users from proceeding through the income information of the online application have been fixed.
  • Users can now select “weekly,” for the frequency they receive unemployment benefits.

In the Plan Compare shopping:

• When consumers choose a Catastrophic coverage plan, the available dental coverage for that plan now appears properly.
  • When users save plan information in the Plan Compare section, those results now display correctly.

In addition to these software fixes that significantly improve the user experience, we also increased system capacity. This upgrade is part of an ongoing hardware improvement process that will help keep the system stable with growing volume, improving overall system performance.

We have a lot more work to do but as this work to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Submitted by marcia on
I have been trying since Oct.1 and still can not get to the household income. I have used call center told I would be contacted in 2 days which ended up 2 weeks. I have not been able to enroll anyone I am a application counselor
Submitted by Rena on
Please create a new account with a different email address. I've found that accounts created in October are tied to all the issues that occurred in October and that starting clean is the way to get it done. That's how I did it.
Submitted by Mike on
When is the director of communications Julie Bataille going to address the problems located on this blog. Why are the October sign ups still locked out. Those are the questions we need answers to. Answer our question now. Otherwise shut up.
The Oct. accounts got corrupted from the system errors. Everybody I know that had an Oct account was able to create a new account and complete an application and enroll in a plan. There isn't any way to delete applications or accounts, you can only start over with a new one.
Submitted by Kim on
I keep putting in my login information and it keep taking me back to the login page. This has happened for over a month. The first time I was already through the application page and they were going to let me know my eligible plans. Have not been able to log in for over a month. Bugs are not fixed!!!!! Need to fix them because people are just giving up and it is not because they haven't tried.
I was having trouble with it too. And then on one of the reps suggested that I create new account with a different email. I also read an article that suggested clearing all the cookies and saved history on my browser, close the browser and then sign up for a new account. I tried these things, and was able to finally complete an application. Maybe you can try that too....
Did you click the link on the bottom left of the login page that says "Having trouble logging in?" and try those steps? You can also try clicking "forgot your username" or "forgot your password" to see if you get a system email back. If you don't get a system email back then it's likely your account got corrupted and you'd need to start over by creating a new account with a new username, a new password, and new email address.
Submitted by barb on
I have an ID and a PW. I initially created both a month ago. I completed the entire application. I submitted it. From what I understand that is farther than most have gotten. I have pd. Experian to lift my credit freeze and verify my identity. I have then, after two weeks, been told by Experian that they sent the info. I then uploaded my own personal id information thinking that that would expedite the process. It would have been nice to know the steps for the application before starting on the site. The system will not allow me to erase what was imputed or find out what is the problem or to start a new application. I still have a message stating that they are waiting to verify my identity. I am happy with the time that is being taken to halt any type of fraud, given what happen with the IRS over the last 2 years with tax returns. But from what I understand the IRS is the agency charged with verification of income as submitted on the application. Is that the problem area? I have made contact with local "assistance" but I am now going to call the MARKETPLACE and bog them down with my concerns.
Submitted by John on
I applied and completed my application last week and determined my premium tax credit usage. I selected my coverage and have tried to make first payment. I tried to Chat but they were not able to help. Called the main help number and they were not able to help but said to call the health care provider I selected (Keystone Health Plan East, Inc, HMO Silver Proactive. They gave me a number to call which was a nonworking number. Called Keystone and they said go back to the Market Place. Called Market place and they said they have no further info. on what I can do at this time. Have no other number to call.
Are you trying to make the payment online? Not every insurer or state is allowing this. People I talked to were told the insurer would contact them for the first payment. When you selected your coverage did you select "confirm" and did it give you a message to pay online?
Submitted by Nasrin on
Why the last step review and confirm has a lock on it.
Submitted by Rena on
For me, that meant that I hadn't done something needed to finish the step before it. Go back and make sure you have done everything.
Call the 800 number. The dental plan section has been a problem. The phone support people have been able to get around that and finish up the enrollment.
Submitted by clarissa on
Create a new username, and start the process over !!! I don't think you will need a new email account I think some people who set up accounts in October are now the ones with login problems.
I can vouch that you can use the same email when you create a new account. I created a new account using my original email address and came up with a more creative user name and password and I was able to start and go through the application just fine.
Submitted by Dianne on
I created my account on Oct 6 but haven't been able to successfully complete the process. Here's what happens: When I log in, the screen indicates that I have 3 notices available about eligibility. I cannot access any of these messages. I tried the live chat feature 2 times and phone help once and they were not able to help me resolve this. When I try to view my current application, I get the message "Enrollment incomplete." When I select "Resume enrollment", I am told to "Review app details in your account to resolve outstanding issues w/your app." I then select "Set premium tax credit usage", and at that point I'm supposed to enter the amount, but it doesn't allow me to actually do that. And then I can't get any farther. What I'd really like to do is delete my app and simply start over, but I don't see an option to do this. After 6 weeks of this I'm really frustrated.
To see your eligibility notice you click on "Eligibility and appeals" on the screen that has the "Resume Enrollment" button. It sounds like you get to the "Enrollment To Do" screen because you see the statement about reviewing application details. That statement in the red banner is just a reminder, it doesn't necessarily mean you need to do anything because it will stay there whether there is something to do or not. If you get stuck and it won't let you go farther or you click on the eligibility and appeals link and it doesn't work then it's a good idea to start over. The accounts from Oct got corrupted because of system errors. There is no way to delete an application. Right now the only way to start over is to create a new account with a new username, a new password, and a new email address. Delete your cookies and temporary internet files first before you create a new account.
Submitted by Jessi on
I have not been able to view my eligibility results..says webpage cannot be found.
Instead of clicking on the button click on the "Eligibility and appeals" link that's on the page that says your enrollment is incomplete. You get to that page by clicking on the words "Individual and Family Coverage" on the "what would you like to do?" page.
Submitted by Ed on
The bugs are NOT gone...this thing is still crawling with bugs. For instance, the "Create New Group" button doe shot work. Once they group 2 or more people together in one household you are STUCk with that group even though the say you can separate people and create different groupings. Another example: the "Eligibility" button does not work, even though the site says your eligibility results are ready and tells you click on that button. I know someone who has been waiting for over 4 weeks for that button to work otherwise their application is DOA...like the site.
Click on the "Eligibility and appeals" link on the left side of the page that tells you enrollment is incomplete. You get there by clicking the words "Individual and Family Coverage" on the "what would you like to do?" page.
Submitted by Tom on
The best I can tell it is worse than when it started. I can't even get logged in now.
Did you click on the link "Having trouble logging in?" and go through those steps? Also try clicking on "forgot your username" or "forgot your password" to see if you get a system email.
I have not even been able to create an account. I get a variety of messages telling me my account cannot be created at this time. When will this ever be fixed?
Submitted by Rina on
My application was completed over a month ago and the system says the "Eligibility Results" are ready to be viewed. I have not been able to view them and I check daily. I called the 800 number 2 times and they were not able to view them either. I am stuck here. My application is complete but I can not proceed and enroll in a plan.