Progress Over the Weekend

Monday, November 18, 2013

Over the past few weeks, we’ve made measurable progress to improve HealthCare.gov, addressing both software glitches and hardware upgrades–all of which will make a meaningful difference in the consumer experience.

I’m pleased to say that, as of today, we’ve cleared more items from our punch list that will have a direct, positive impact on consumers using the site. The pace and quality of execution on bug fixes and hardware upgrades intensified when QSSI came in as general contractor and thanks to their management and coordination with CMS leadership and our other contractors we made progress over the weekend implementing important fixes.

Nearly half of the fixes resolved issues specifically related to issues within the application and another set of fixes focused on improving Plan Compare shopping functionality.

Some of the most consumer-facing examples of improvements are:

• Issues that were preventing some users from proceeding through the income information of the online application have been fixed.
  • Users can now select “weekly,” for the frequency they receive unemployment benefits.

In the Plan Compare shopping:

• When consumers choose a Catastrophic coverage plan, the available dental coverage for that plan now appears properly.
  • When users save plan information in the Plan Compare section, those results now display correctly.

In addition to these software fixes that significantly improve the user experience, we also increased system capacity. This upgrade is part of an ongoing hardware improvement process that will help keep the system stable with growing volume, improving overall system performance.

We have a lot more work to do but as this work to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Submitted by JR on
I have tried numerous times and get stuck at the same point - first of all although I press the save button - the info is not saved and I have to renter again and again - terrible experience
Submitted by Scott on
I feel that I may be wasting my time here. I'm a self-employed person with a substandard policy who is obviously a supporter of the ACA. I doesn't matter to me how many 'bugs' are fixed, if I can't even log in. Today I got a 'system down' message after a several minute wait. In the past, I was able to view policies although there were some glitches. It took me a long time to fight through the registration process. It should be getting better, not worse. The terrible state of the website is discouraging people from signing up and giving detractors of the ACA plenty of amunition to use in their fight against health care reform. Please get it fixed. I am ready, willing, and able to purchase the 'quality, affordable health coverage' mentioned above. My family is counting on the administration to see this thing through.
Submitted by An ACA employee on
First things first, as someone working the phones and taking calls like yours every day, I can promise you that we all feel tererible for how little we can do to help. We constantly make it known to our managers that we are very unhappy and frustrated at the fact that we cannot do more to help the callers. The callbacks we promise are not done by our dept, but by the Advanced Resolution Center, who has been severaly overworked since day 1, and are way behind on callbacks. All we have the power to do is re-send the issue to the Resolution Center and hope that they actually call you back. It's a flawed system, and I feel horrible for how pathetic the 'help' we give out is. So please try not to be angry at the phone reps, we are doing everything we can, which may be limited, but it really is everything we have the pwoer to do. I can personally say I wish we could do more, and actually solve the issues we are presented with, but more often than not, I can't.
Submitted by Rena on
Although you shouldn't HAVE to do this, I would recommend you create a new account tied to a different email address. The logic errors that existed when the website went live seem to remain attached to account created during that time period. I created a new account yesterday afternoon (I was on between 2-4pm during the work day) and I sailed right through. Hope that helps!
Submitted by Pat on
This list of improvements is great however very few of us out here are seeing the benefits. The call in help line is a joke. I have been promised a return call/message more than once and have not received any at all. I'm starting to feel like the job of the person receiving my call is to get me off the line ..period. which is great for them as they can forget me and move on to the next person and get them off the line Really pathetic!.
Submitted by Scot on
I'm glad you're working on things, but your technical problems are putting me in a really tight spot concerning my employers re-enrollment. I'd love to check out the alternatives available, since my employer has shifted to 1 single offering since Obamacare is supposed to be coming on line. But your site problems are reducing the options to nil. This isn't setting a good precedent....
Submitted by Jan on
That happened to me for about 2 weeks I couldn't progress, although I was signed up. I changed my password, and that made it so I could login.
Submitted by Jill on
I repeatedly get the log in page after entering the correct username and password. This has been going on for two weeks. Very frustrating!
Submitted by Paula on
Yes this is so so so frustrating. Apparently they don't even read these posts. You would think they would have done something to get this working better.
Submitted by MaryBeth on
Update to my previous post. After assurances this morning that my application was complete including electronic signature verification-I was unable to sync my online userid to the completed application. When I login, the application displayed is some kind of orphaned record from a previous unsuccessful attempt. I called back and had a great tech support conversation where she was trying to link my userid to the correct application. It did not work, at least initially, so she had to escalate it and/or we wait to see if in 24 hours it is fixed. :(
was the second application from phone or paper? Could you report back how it turns out? I wonder if you could create a new account with a new username and new email address and they could link your application to that?
Submitted by Brian on
I too have tried creating a new username but the system keeps telling me it cannot because I already have an account. It doesn't make a difference if I change a letter in my first or last name or use a different email address, I cannot create a new account, and it is now 11/19/13, and I have not been able to login to the Marketplace since 11/1/13. I had no issues logging in before that time. Customer service are useless, they tell me to try back later. I submitted a paper application by mail on 10/12/13 and I have received nothing back about it. And I'll bet, even if I COULD log in, that the issues with identity verification STILL have not been fixed. I am now 99.9% sure the site will not be operational by the end of November. I doubt even more that they will extend the open enrollment period for those of us who continue to have issues. I had better hope I get approved for Medicaid because this is for the birds.
What happens when you try to login to the first account you created?
Submitted by Dave on
I can't believe you actually think this is going to work. I am having the same problems as everyone else. Created an account, but am now unable to complete the process or access the messages. What a waste of time. What a waste of taxpayer dollars.
To see your eligibility letter click on "Eligibility and appeals" on the page that tells you enrollment is incomplete. You get there by clicking the words "Indvidual & Family Coverage" on the "what would you like to do?" page.
Submitted by Ron on
I would like to delete my first application and start over but I am unable to do so. I was told I would received a call within 2 - 5 days but that time has elapsed without a call. I cannot read messages, review eligibility results or revise my application for changes that have occurred since early October. Let's start over!!
Submitted by Dan on
I am in exactly the same prediciment! Let me start over!
Submitted by Debi on
I finally enrolled, after many frustrating weeks but did not submit a payment, or a way to pay the premium. I barely remember which plan I chose after struggling with the website for so long. I have tried to log back in so I can review the plan I enrolled in & make arrangements to pay the initial premium payment but I cant get past the screen that allows me to review my Applications In Progress. What Now? Can I go directly to the carrier?
what do you see when you click on "My Applications and Coverage"?
Submitted by Howard on
I created an account in September. started an application October 3rd, was locked out of process and can' log in. called marketplace and was advised to wait. called back was told to file paper app. I filled a paper app October 23rd. no response at all. called market place nov 14 was told someone will contact me. no call received. still cant log in. cant get a reply.
Submitted by Karl on
Hey Howard, I did the same thing. Somehow a whole bunch of Account Passwords were deleted. I could not lLogin for days and I kept my Account but had to reset the password using the validation questions after reading about this on a private blog. This site is just for propaganda and the government people who screen the comments must have gotten their training from the Communist Chinese Censors. They are not coming clean with the American people. I strongly strongly support the ACA, but Healthcare.gov is currently a "WEBSITE TO NOWHERE" I still can't enroll in a plan because my account is asking me to select two plans and on one of the plans the ENROLLMENT BUTTON does not work. But you might try to reset your password. Someone really ripped off the American taxpayers as the website gives no feedback whatsoever so you don't know where the problem is located.
Could they find your paper application? Did you give an email address to get eligibility results? Did you check your spam folder to make sure the email didn't go there? I saw a comment from somebody who created an account before Oct and could not login. He had to create a new account.
Submitted by gag52@live.com on
Still can't complete application process. YOUR program put my home phone # in the cell # field when I reviewed summary, so I tried to edit the information. Got to the end of changes and got a message that system was down. That was at 7:09 AM EST. Clicked on Log out and got message in Spanish. Several subsequent attempts to log on got me "system down" screen until 12:45 PM EST. Logged on got message that my application wasn't complete. Entered all the data again, got system down message again. Clicked on Log out and got message in Spanish. AGAIN!
Submitted by robert on
still can't get to see what plans are available ..it always says the system is down after many weeks of attempts at trying........can't you simply post the plans without jumping through the hoops to try and see what they are.........how hard could that be to do............post the plans available in a given state.............
you can see the plans available from the home page of healthcare.gov. click on the "See Plans Now" button underneath the two green apply buttons. You can also view plans for your state by going to valuepenguin.com.