Progress Over the Weekend

Monday, November 18, 2013

Over the past few weeks, we’ve made measurable progress to improve HealthCare.gov, addressing both software glitches and hardware upgrades–all of which will make a meaningful difference in the consumer experience.

I’m pleased to say that, as of today, we’ve cleared more items from our punch list that will have a direct, positive impact on consumers using the site. The pace and quality of execution on bug fixes and hardware upgrades intensified when QSSI came in as general contractor and thanks to their management and coordination with CMS leadership and our other contractors we made progress over the weekend implementing important fixes.

Nearly half of the fixes resolved issues specifically related to issues within the application and another set of fixes focused on improving Plan Compare shopping functionality.

Some of the most consumer-facing examples of improvements are:

• Issues that were preventing some users from proceeding through the income information of the online application have been fixed.
  • Users can now select “weekly,” for the frequency they receive unemployment benefits.

In the Plan Compare shopping:

• When consumers choose a Catastrophic coverage plan, the available dental coverage for that plan now appears properly.
  • When users save plan information in the Plan Compare section, those results now display correctly.

In addition to these software fixes that significantly improve the user experience, we also increased system capacity. This upgrade is part of an ongoing hardware improvement process that will help keep the system stable with growing volume, improving overall system performance.

We have a lot more work to do but as this work to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Submitted by Frank on
I am trying to apply in Virginia for myself, my wife and my little boy (family). The website seems to work fine until the point of the Verification of the application. When I put my "digital signature" I get the message that the verification is not available yet and is to be resolved in 24 hrs. But that is now 3 days in a row. During the day the website often does not let me in. The login process seems to work better in the evening.
Submitted by Deborah on
I really hope you get this site up and running right soon. Cannot log in. I will try to call but after reading some of the comments on here I don't know if that would even work. Very disappointed
Submitted by Michael on
I am a supporter of ACA, or I am trying to be. I have never gotten past "I Accept." That button does nothing. All the talk about improvements in comparing and allowing unemployed people to enter weekly as their payment frquency. Big Deal. I have a user name and password and that is it. I have NEVER gotten past the next age. I have tried three browsers, cleared cookies and history, all the recommendations. I just tried Live Chat and some guy named Ryan sent me a "form message." "Thanks for your feedback, I've made a note. You can fill in a paper app or here's the phone number. Goodbye." Didn't even have the courtesy to see if I had a question. So much for "chat." Ryan was not chatty.
You can try creating a completely new account with a new username, new password, and new email address. It could be that something got corrupted in your original account and there's no way to fix it. Clear those cookies and history again before you create a new account though.
Submitted by Joe on
I have completed an application,but it has an error. Like others I have found that calls to the support group have not helped and escalating the case is akin to tossing the request in the trash can. In addition I would like to compare options including and excluding my 23 year old child in our plan. I could do all of these things without needing phone or chat support if APPLICATIONS WERE EDITABLE. I should be able to make modifications up to the point that I finally select a plan. At present, I cannot even see my original application once it is submitted and the enrollment message link remains unlinked! Is nice to see that things are working faster and bugs are being fixed, but there are still basic site elements that have never worked (eg. enrollment messages and changes in status) . TEN DAYS LEFT.
Submitted by Carol on
I can't log in. Did submit an application via phone, first time on 10/11. However, when I called back to check on status a few weeks later, nothing had happened and the person indicated whoever took the application had messed it up--(I live in Indiana--she put I lived in Idaho, and she put in an Illinois zip code--several other errors). I gave correct info.--redid app. -- again called in a week later--the application hadn't been submitted- so person said they were submitting. I was sent an email telling me to log in to get the message--I had let them know I need to receive paper mail because I can't log in-- they promised to have someone call me in 2 -5 days because they said they couldn't access the message. No one has called. I called again and was told I just have to wait until the system starts working again--it doesn't work. I really need to have insurance in place by Jan. 1 as cobra is running out, but it isn't looking good. I am so frustrated with this process.
What problem are you having when you try to login? Do you get an error message? Try clicking on "forgot your password" link to see if you get a system email. If you don't get a system email then your original account got corrupted and isn't being recognized by the system so you'll have to create a new account. The phone reps should be able to link your phone application to your account if the message doesn't show up in your new account. Once you get logged in you'll find the message in the "Eligibility & appeals" link after you click on the words "Individual and Family Coverage" on the "what would you like to do?" page.
Submitted by Amy on
Email alert says I have messages waiting. Where are the messages on this site? Called to inquire and was told that the messages should auto populate. Yes they should but they don't which is the problem. After having tried for several days to apply online and being kicked to a "we're sorry the system is down try later or call with this error code you'll need it". I called and supposedly someone over the phone completed it for me asking me the same questions that were online. Yet this ghost application is still sitting here online saying incomplete. Perhaps if you all would clear out some of this stuff we could move forward. So frustrated.
Submitted by Janice on
I might appreciate the improvements more if I were able to at least log on. On Nov 11 I began with starting an account & eagerly awaiting THE e-mail to link me into the site. No e-mail so I clicked on Instant Chat which required waiting about 10 min for a person - who then advised me to wait up to 2 hrs for that e-mail. So I waited 4!!! Still nothing so I Instant Chat again & was advised to wait several days. Several days!!! So I waited till Fri & still nothing. Instant chat again & they suggest downloading paper form & sending that in. Each time the person reminds me to empty my cache & check my junk mail WHICH so far has yielded nothing at all. Dutifully I fill out the form & mail it in by registered mail with card to me verifying it's been received...invested about $6 to prevent the old "it must've got lost in the mail" trick answer. Today, EIGHT DAYS LATER, I receive the e-mail with a link promising a message for me!!! I almost hyperventilated as I gently clicked on the link to be confronted again with the Log In ritual. Wouldn't you know it...my username & password were decalred INVALID!!! How could that be? I so painstakingly constructed them following all the tips & cautions & then very carefully tapped them onto the screen. INVALID, my foot! Methinks the system is invalid! I do need to comment on the PEOPLE who are staffing Instant Chat & the 800 number. This has to be the hardest job in the world---your task is to HELP & you can't do it. The folks on Instant Chat refer you elsewhere & CANNOT answer why you don't get the e-mail with the link. Their names are MOST unusual & their fluency in written English ranges from rote bureaucratise to "broken" English! The poor lady at the 800 # could not stop apologizing! I SO want this health reform legislation to be successful. I just can't believe how very hard it is to get this rolling. I can be patient but if I can't get into the site to look at my options so I can make a decision I may end up being a patient from all the pent up frustration of trying to get insured! Please, please, please hurry.
try the "forgot your username" and "forgot your password" links on the Login page to make sure you get a system email and it matches what you created.
Submitted by Vic on
I have been waiting to view my eligibility results since the second week of October, it is now November 19th. Every time I click "view eligibility results" I am sent to a broken page. When will the site be fixed for everyone?
The early Oct accounts got corrupted by the system errors. There is no way to fix them. The only thing you can do now is create a new account with a new username, new password, and new email account. Delete your cookies and temporary internet files first. People who had the same problem as you have been successful in enrolling with a new account.
Submitted by Joe on
This is not going to work correctly. They need to go back to the company who set this up and get a refund. I'm sure some big donor to the Obama administration owns the company who created this website. Get our $400 million back!!
Submitted by ronald on
I like many have been stuck since day 1 on the site with a verification of ID waiting.There is no hope!I don't and never have had an ID problem.I even mailed a paper app.in about 5 wks ago and have heard nothing!It's not just the website.Evidently the entire crew are incompetent!
The Oct accounts got corrupted by the system errors. There is no way to fix them. The only thing you can do now is create a new account with a new username, new password, and new email account. Delete your cookies and temporary internet files first. People who had the same problem as you have been successful in enrolling with a new account.
Submitted by Kay on
When will I be able to make changes on my application. My income will be different and I need to add my spouse. but since the application was complete it will not let me or anyone I have contacted make changes or delete this account. I have called several times. and the website and the telephone information was the same. this would be operable by Nov. 15th. It is now the 19th. Very discouraging. My current insurance plan will end on Nov. 30th.
Submitted by owen on
My application is stuck at the point where my wife is listed as the spouse of my son (at least there is improvement - initially all my children were listed as her parent). The helpline is no use. The chat is no use. I can not create a new account. I can not delete my application and start again. I am stuck, and I want insurance. I think that there are numerous applications which are (because of past errors which may now have been fixed) are in a zombie state where somehow fields in different database tables were populated wrong and now muck up the backend logic. I think that there should be a way to email customer service (once you are logged in) and ask them to clear/delete your application so you can start anew. This would probably solve a ton of problems which right now can not be solved.
If you can't create a new account in your name with a new password and new email address try creating one in your wife's name. Some else tried that and it worked. Delete your cookies and temporary internet files first though.
Submitted by Deidre on
again- I have done everything inc picking out a plan - however when I say I don't want any dental ins - it goes right back to that page - like I didn't do anything - I called 2 weeks ago - was told to keep trying - which of course I have been doing - daily - to no avail - same crap - I need to be signed up and paid by Dec 15th and that possibility is not looking good at this time - Jeez
Try calling into the call center, there is a slim chance they can finish the application for you. No promises, because we are running into a lot of the same road blocks as the consumers. But it's worth a shot if you are in a hurry.
Can the phone reps pull up your application and do it? Someone had the same problem on Monday and they called and the phone rep was able to finish the enrollment.
Submitted by Coy on
I love the on-line chat (of course I am joking). I have gotten the same blank page when I hit the enroll icon for four weeks now. All the on-line chat can tell me is to forget about using the web page and call a 800 number to enroll. So much for the wonderful progress claimed by the designers.
Submitted by Diane on
I would like to know when I will be able to see what I am qualified for
Submitted by June on
Today, after a month stuck on "Additional Information", I was able to complete my application and was told that my Eligibility Results were available. NOW I am stuck where a lot of other people have said they have had problems: I get an error message that the website can't be accessed when I click the results button. So once again I am unable to proceed. Oh, by the way, I got a notice yesterday that my ICHIP insurance premium will go from $739 to $1236 per month for me alone!
If you are trying to see the eligibility message from the "Eligibility & appeals" link on the "Application Status" page but you still get an error message then your Oct account got corrupted by the system errors. There is no way to fix it. You'll have to create a new account with a new username, new password, and new email address and start over. It's a hassle but people are having success enrolling after they create a new account.