Progress Over the Weekend

Monday, November 18, 2013

Over the past few weeks, we’ve made measurable progress to improve HealthCare.gov, addressing both software glitches and hardware upgrades–all of which will make a meaningful difference in the consumer experience.

I’m pleased to say that, as of today, we’ve cleared more items from our punch list that will have a direct, positive impact on consumers using the site. The pace and quality of execution on bug fixes and hardware upgrades intensified when QSSI came in as general contractor and thanks to their management and coordination with CMS leadership and our other contractors we made progress over the weekend implementing important fixes.

Nearly half of the fixes resolved issues specifically related to issues within the application and another set of fixes focused on improving Plan Compare shopping functionality.

Some of the most consumer-facing examples of improvements are:

• Issues that were preventing some users from proceeding through the income information of the online application have been fixed.
  • Users can now select “weekly,” for the frequency they receive unemployment benefits.

In the Plan Compare shopping:

• When consumers choose a Catastrophic coverage plan, the available dental coverage for that plan now appears properly.
  • When users save plan information in the Plan Compare section, those results now display correctly.

In addition to these software fixes that significantly improve the user experience, we also increased system capacity. This upgrade is part of an ongoing hardware improvement process that will help keep the system stable with growing volume, improving overall system performance.

We have a lot more work to do but as this work to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Submitted by Jose L. from Lake County, Indiana on
Unfortunately, I'm still unable to log in. Keeps showing "The information you entered isn't valid." even though I've click on "Forgot your password?" a number of times to change it and my user name is correct. Thank you A C on We, 2013-11-20 11:51 for the link too www.healthsherpa.com I found the coverage I need.
when it sends you a link to change your password, does it include your user name? If not, click "forgot your username" to make sure it matches. Someone else said that they created an account in Sept and now found out user name didn't follow the guidelines so had to create a new account with new user name, new password, and new email address to login. The link on the login page, "Having trouble logging in?" will take you to a page that gives the guidelines.
Submitted by jolynn on
I have begun blogging on my facebook as my adventure with healthcare continue. I am now verified and am waiting to fix the problems with my enrollment form so that I may choose a plan.
Submitted by lori on
I have re applied a couple of times.gets me nowhere and how do you delete cookies on the computers at the public library where I go to use one?
Submitted by Dan on
to delete the cookies is the same regardless of where the computer is it is in internet options and the library will not care it will help the computer anyway
Submitted by Philip on
Once you get to this page, there is no obvious way to get back to your account.
Submitted by Grant on
I finally completed enrollment thanks to this blog. I went back through everything on my checklist and redid a couple of selections. Suddenly I was able to complete everything. You may not need to create a new account if your Submit check list is Locked. Try going through the entire checklist again by clicking change. It worked for me!
I have not had any problems getting through since Friday of last week. It should be made aware, the old accounts created need to be abandoned and just create a new one.
This is true. And use a new email address and delete cookies and temporary internet files first.
Submitted by Susan on
Thanks Glynis..After trying to get through this for weeks, took your suggestion, and started new account with new email address, new user name and password, and it only took 30 minutes or so and we are now enrolled and finished! Thanks again!
Submitted by Randy on
Thank you very much. After six weeks of calls, applications, waiting for the resolution center, etc. we took your advice. We first applied in early October. We've gotten nowhere. We followed your advice and reapplied using your advice. We were processed and enrolled. The people on this blog should listen to you. If anyone applied in October, reapply. Thanks again.
The information provided here is for research purposes. Make sure to verify premiums and subsidies on your state exchange or healthcare.gov, or directly with the insurance company or an agent.
Submitted by Nancy on
Applied by phone Nov 9. Rep I was speaking to disconnected my call after getting most of my info. Application can't be right because he never asked for my income for next year. Have called a couple more times and been told my app is complete and will have to log in to pick a plan. Explained to them can only see my profile when I log in and income needs to be corrected. Was promised a call to correct income info as it was above reps pay grade to do that. Still waiting.
So you don't get a page that says "what would you like to do?" with a heading "View my current applications"?
Submitted by Nancy on
I do get that page, but when I click on My applications and coverage nothing happens. Does look like I can click on apply for coverage, but thought that was done with my phone call. Afraid I'll mess things up more if I try that.
Does it say under View my current applications "2014 [state] application for Individual and Family Coverage?" You click on the words "Individual and Family Coverage".
Submitted by Jeaneen on
I live in Ohio. I've been trying to refuse the dental option and enroll but it continues to take me in a loop where I cannot get past the dental option to proceed. I understand you are working on the site, just thought the feedback may be helpful. Thank you for all that you do!
Other people having the same problem called the 800 number and the phone rep was able to get around that and complete the enrollment for them.
Submitted by Laura on
This is a joke - have logged over 16 hours trying to get through the registration process. Have made it to the end only twice (after 18 attempts), and then was given the message that the verification process was down, and try again in 24 hours, but that you have to go back and review every. single question. Both phone and web chat people told me there was nothing they could do to help, and that they could not access my application. Why on earth do you have to answer every question over again when this happens, and why is there a 30-90 second "save" that happens between every. single. question?
I they can't access your application then your account got corrupted. You need to create a new account with a new username, new password, and new email address and start over. Delete your cookies and temporary internet files first. Then close and reopen your browser before you create a new account. This is working for others with the same problem as you.
Submitted by Linda on
I have completed the application and got a message that a determination was pending as to whether or not I would qualify for a subsidy. That was two weeks ago. I have messages pending but the diet won't allow me to log back in to read them. Help!
If you try to login and it just goes back to the login screen or nothing happens it's possible that the system has reached its limit of 20,000-30,000 users at the same time. They are working to increase that this week. I've heard early in the morning and mid afternoon are better times right now. You can also try deleting cookies and temporary internet files to see if that helps. I know a person who deleted healthcare.gov cookies every time she ran into a problem and she could continue on.
Submitted by Dan on
Yes, you may have fixed 200+ bugs, but there are at least that many more out there, as my overall experience has yet to improve. In my opinion, the site is getting worse, not better, most likely because there are so many more of us trying to get on = snowball effect. So why not just shut the Marketplace down until say the end of the month +/-, which would then give you 24 hours a day in which to implement the fixes, while also greatly reducing the amount of frustration among us, that continues to build. The real problem being that we're all getting rather anxious here, given the rapidly approaching December 15th deadline, with zero confidence that us applicants are ever going to be successful. Briefly it's been 7+ weeks now, and we can barely log on, let along get very far along on completing the application before something happens, over & over again. And yes, you state that one can also apply by phone, which I've done, which also crashes for them = it doesn't help or make a difference. So please, step back and re-evaluate the big picture here, as you're not doing either of us any favors, by continuing to push & promote the non-working Marketplace. Thank you.
Submitted by Jerri on
Thank you well said. You can't sign up by phone they do exactly what you do on the website with the same results. Agreed they aren't doing us any favor. The market place is horrible. Dec 15 tick tick ticking.
Submitted by Brenda Hudgins on
I have been trying to get my eligibility results since October 4, 2013. The site still does not allow me to view my eligibility results. When I click on view results nothing happens, or if I'm in the application detail screen and click on view eligibility results I get an error stating that the page cannot be found.