Progress Over the Weekend

Monday, November 18, 2013

Over the past few weeks, we’ve made measurable progress to improve HealthCare.gov, addressing both software glitches and hardware upgrades–all of which will make a meaningful difference in the consumer experience.

I’m pleased to say that, as of today, we’ve cleared more items from our punch list that will have a direct, positive impact on consumers using the site. The pace and quality of execution on bug fixes and hardware upgrades intensified when QSSI came in as general contractor and thanks to their management and coordination with CMS leadership and our other contractors we made progress over the weekend implementing important fixes.

Nearly half of the fixes resolved issues specifically related to issues within the application and another set of fixes focused on improving Plan Compare shopping functionality.

Some of the most consumer-facing examples of improvements are:

• Issues that were preventing some users from proceeding through the income information of the online application have been fixed.
  • Users can now select “weekly,” for the frequency they receive unemployment benefits.

In the Plan Compare shopping:

• When consumers choose a Catastrophic coverage plan, the available dental coverage for that plan now appears properly.
  • When users save plan information in the Plan Compare section, those results now display correctly.

In addition to these software fixes that significantly improve the user experience, we also increased system capacity. This upgrade is part of an ongoing hardware improvement process that will help keep the system stable with growing volume, improving overall system performance.

We have a lot more work to do but as this work to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Submitted by Mary on
I received an email saying to log into the site to find out if I qualify for insurance. I filled out an application and mailed it since I couldn't complete it on line. Now I can't find where on the site to locate this email message HELP
If the "view eligibility results" button doesn't work then go to the page that has the "Eligibility and appeals" link. It's the same page that has the "Resume Enrollment" button.
Click on the "My Profile" link on the "what would you like to do?" page. After you review your eligibility letter, make sure that you click on "Individual and Family Coverage" on the "what would you like to do?" page next to where it says "in progress". It's a link that will take you to a page to complete your enrollment. Click on "Resume Enrollment" to go to the "Enroll To-Do List". Don't worry about what it says in the red bar, it's just a reminder. To proceed click on the green "Set" to see and compare plans. After you select a plan click on "Confirm". The greyed out "Locked" buttons will unlock after you complete the preceeding step. You have to complete each step to enroll. If you are unsure of what to do next call the phone rep and they will walk you through each step.
Submitted by Carla on
After more than 30 days the website tells me to review my Application Details before my application can be processed. When will this be allowed to happen? Why after 30 days does it keep asking me if I smoke. I've answered this 60 times. What a bunch of morons.
Submitted by Shelley on
The red banner is misleading. It implies an error when there is none. I hope a usability person fixes this eventually. But did you try scrolling down to see the tasks for signing up? That's what you need to do.
yes, that red banner is a terrible design flaw. It is misleading to everybody. They'll probably fix it eventually but they are so focused on getting it stable and increasing the number of people who can login at the same time that I'm afraid these kinds of design issues won't get fixed right away.
Submitted by Adnan on
Same problem here
That red banner is only a reminder it doesn't mean that there is anything for you to do. If the information that you enter isn't being saved you need to create a new account with a new username, new password, and new email address and start a new application. You should delete your cookies and temporary internet files first. Use Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Safari browsers. Close all other applications before logging in.
Submitted by Dan on
I am stuck at the same place. I have tried three different applications, always the same bug. Unacceptable!
If you get to the "Enroll To Do List" and you see that message in the red banner you can skip it and see and compare plans by clicking on the green "Set". That banner message is just a reminder, it doesn't necessarily mean there is anything else for you to do. Do Not click on "Application Details" in the red banner because it will only take you right back to the "what do you want to do?" page. It's a terribly confusing design to have that there.
Submitted by barack on
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Submitted by gary on
I enrolled on 10/4/13 and I still can not view my eligibility results or view the email which was sent.I do not believe the glitches will be fitted by December 1st.
Submitted by Adnan on
Same problem here. Can not view "Eligibility Results"
Submitted by Rena on
Another thing that I found is that when you click "view eligibility results", it automatically downloads it as a PDF document. Look in the bottom left of your browser window - that's where it went for me. I opened it from there and read it fine.
good point. It might be going to whatever folder is set for downloaded documents to go to. Like "My Documents" or like in my case, my desktop.
If you're clicking a button that isn't working to view eligibility results, go to the "Eligibility and appeals" link on the left side of the page that tells you your enrollment is incomplete. You get there by clicking the words "Individual and Family Coverage" on the "what would you like to do?" page.
Anybody who has an account from October should create a new account with a new username, new password, and new email address. The Oct accounts got corrupted because of the system errors and can't be fixed. First delete your cookies and temporary internet files. Close then reopen your browser. Use Internet Explorer, Safari, or Chrome browsers. Close all other open applications.
Submitted by Reggie on
Gary if you can log on, click the Eligibility/Appeals button on the left side of the incomplete app message. it might let you view your results.
Submitted by Rene on
Are beta testers welcomed?
Submitted by Dan on
Yes, all citizens of the United States of America are beta testers for this site.
Submitted by Greg on
Healthcare.gov has worked well for me for the last 3 weeks. I can now sign on my account and navigate to available plans in less than 1 minute. Great work! Keep it up.
Submitted by Laura on
I am so happy to hear that are prices as good as they say?
Submitted by ACA User on
I helped my 28 year old uninsured son sign up yesterday. He makes about $23K annually via his 2012 W2, and he was able to get a silver PPO with a $600 deductible and $2,250 out of pocket maximum for $101/month. The subsidy brought his premium down to 5.4% of his household income.
For anybody who created an account in October and is still having issues like getting stuck or still being asked for verification after it's been submitted or unable to save information you entered, the best advise at this point is to create a new account with a new username, new password, and new email address and start a new application.. Delete cookies and temporary internet files first. Use Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari browsers. With all the system problems in Oct., accounts got corrupted and they can't be fixed. Nothing will happen if you just ignore the previous account. There is no way yet to correct information that accidentally got put in wrong or shows up twice, you need to create a new account too.
Submitted by Nat on
Yes, this worked for me! Now, what about the thousands of applicants who are not reading this blog??? Who is going to tell them that they need to do this?? They need to know this and someone should publically announce this via the news media to get these people moving forward also. I am still hopeful that this can be done! People are so frustrated, help them out please......tell them publically what to do......