Progress Over the Weekend

Monday, November 18, 2013

Over the past few weeks, we’ve made measurable progress to improve HealthCare.gov, addressing both software glitches and hardware upgrades–all of which will make a meaningful difference in the consumer experience.

I’m pleased to say that, as of today, we’ve cleared more items from our punch list that will have a direct, positive impact on consumers using the site. The pace and quality of execution on bug fixes and hardware upgrades intensified when QSSI came in as general contractor and thanks to their management and coordination with CMS leadership and our other contractors we made progress over the weekend implementing important fixes.

Nearly half of the fixes resolved issues specifically related to issues within the application and another set of fixes focused on improving Plan Compare shopping functionality.

Some of the most consumer-facing examples of improvements are:

• Issues that were preventing some users from proceeding through the income information of the online application have been fixed.
  • Users can now select “weekly,” for the frequency they receive unemployment benefits.

In the Plan Compare shopping:

• When consumers choose a Catastrophic coverage plan, the available dental coverage for that plan now appears properly.
  • When users save plan information in the Plan Compare section, those results now display correctly.

In addition to these software fixes that significantly improve the user experience, we also increased system capacity. This upgrade is part of an ongoing hardware improvement process that will help keep the system stable with growing volume, improving overall system performance.

We have a lot more work to do but as this work to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Submitted by Todd on
Well, as they say, nothing worth having comes easily! I got through the entire process of verifying eligibility. I was able to start to compare and shop plans, but had to go take care of something for a few minutes. When I came back I had been logged out and now when I try to log back in, I'm informed that I have an eligibility notice but no where to view the notice. When I click through under my coverages and applications, it says there is an application pending, which there is not. If I go below that and try to apply, I get to a screen that just hangs. I can't view or compare plans anymore, and I cannot apply for one. I attempted to use online chat help, and I'd be happy to provide you with a screen shot of THAT interaction which was borderline rude. Sorry, but this non-sense about calling so that you can get in to my account to see where I'm getting stuck? No thanks. The reason I'm using the website is because I don't want to spend all day on the phone with someone who is just trying to help me navigate through it. I'm a HUGE supporter of the ACA but this truly is an embarrassment and completely unacceptable.
you view the notice by clicking the "Eligibility & appeals" link. to get there you click on the words "Individual and Family Coverage" under the "View my current applications" heading. When you click to view eligibility results look at the bottom left corner of your browser for a pdf file and click on the filename to view it.
Submitted by Janette on
I filed about 3 weeks ago. I had no problem with the application process. My page tells me I have an update waiting and my application is "in progress". I have been unable how to access the Message waiting which is listed three times. I don't know what to do now.
Click on your "MY Profile" link. If it's a message about eligibility you view that by first clicking on the words "Individual and Family Coverage" next to "in progress" and then click on the "Eligibility & appeals" link. When you click to view eligibility results look for a pdf file on the bottom left of your web browser and click on the filename to view it. Once you get to the "Enroll To Do List", ignore the message in the red banner, it is only a reminder it's not telling you something is wrong. Then click on the green "Set" buttons to complete each section.
Submitted by Mary Diane on
Wow, Now since this improvement it wont give me an amount to verify tax credit..going on 51 days trying to enroll, even the advance resolution department has no resolution.
Submitted by Nancy on
I do see My Applications and coverage, but nothing happens when I click on it, even though my app is supposed to be complete through phone call.
Under the heading "View my current applications", do you see the words "Individual and Family Coverage"? What does the status say next to it?
Submitted by Terri on
I can't get pass the Terms & Conditions page. When I click "I agree" the page never changes.
Submitted by Randy on
Trying to report life change and won't let me do it.
Submitted by Mary Diane on
I have been desperately trying to enroll, and it keeps doubling up my plan , making me choose a plan 1 and plan 2 , though i am only one person. Then even so, i get all the way through the enrollment figuring ill just pick the same plan twice, and hit confirm after signing, and nothing!! I'm so discouraged , I'm at the point of just taking the fine!
I have suggestion let us delete application without creating a new account. I refuse to create a new account to actually be able to go through this process of getting health insurance. The situation I am means I stuck until the website is fixed that is what the call center told me. I cannot view my notices or eligibility results. I tried everything “live chat “and the call center told me to do and nothing works.
Are you trying to view your eligibility results from the "Eligibility & appeals" link? When you click on the view eligibility results do you see a pdf file in the bottom left part of your web browser? You can see notices from your "My Profile" link.
Submitted by Alex on
I cannot edit my application to fix a mistake I made. It just sits there when I click edit
Submitted by Scott on
I'm surprised this blog even works!
Submitted by Ian on
Why do I keep getting a popup message on the registration page stating that page that I'm about to submit may not be secure from other third party from reading? I hit the secure icon and it said that the SSL was invalid. What should I do? Is this page secure?
Submitted by Tim on
I have completed application, but I am unable to Review and Choose a plan. Can you help?
After you login call the 800 number and they can walk you through it.
Submitted by Sheri on
I am still unable to compare any plans in the enrollment portion of the application. Nothing displays whatsoever.
Submitted by Rachel on
I have tried to complete an application over twelve times on 11/19 and 11/20. The site will not let me proceed past the review application screen. Once I click on this screen, i receive an error message that kicks me out of the system. I cannot successfully complete the application. I also called a healthcare.gov representative to get help completing my application, and the rep also received the same error message.
Submitted by Ben Heyer on
Income information has not been fixed for me!!! I been stuck there for over 6 weeks!!!!
Submitted by Marilyn on
Did my homework; created my account; filled out the app; made edits. And, now the signature does not work! Please let us know if this is a temporary problem.
Submitted by D on
yes you can have your application deleted and start over by calling the marketplace call center and they could ARC it and they will delete it and allow you to either start over on your own or help you fill it out
Submitted by Sandi on
My application always blows up at the same place: right after the "Summary" form listing personal data, and before the income section. I note that there is nothing in the "home address" field for me, although it is correctly listed in the "home address" field for my husband and it reflects properly in my profile. Interestingly, I was able to get through the whole application the first time I tried it on Veteran's Day, only to tell me at the very end that the information could not be verified at that time so I would have to try again later. Since then, it always blows up at the beginning of the income section. I wonder if my file could have gotten corrupted somehow on Veteran's Day? Is there a way to delete my existing file and start over?
Submitted by Lisa on
In the same position. Exactly including the address. Blows up for me at the beginning of income as well. I wish I could start over too but everything I have tried has said I already have an application and you can only have one in my state.
No way to delete and the only way to start over is by creating a new account with a new email address, new password, and email address. Delete cookies and temporary internet files first. Depending on how far you got in the application it might not let you create a new account in your name and in that case create one in your husbands name. That worked for someone else. Nothing will happen if you leave the old account sitting there and start over.