Progress Over the Weekend

Monday, November 18, 2013

Over the past few weeks, we’ve made measurable progress to improve HealthCare.gov, addressing both software glitches and hardware upgrades–all of which will make a meaningful difference in the consumer experience.

I’m pleased to say that, as of today, we’ve cleared more items from our punch list that will have a direct, positive impact on consumers using the site. The pace and quality of execution on bug fixes and hardware upgrades intensified when QSSI came in as general contractor and thanks to their management and coordination with CMS leadership and our other contractors we made progress over the weekend implementing important fixes.

Nearly half of the fixes resolved issues specifically related to issues within the application and another set of fixes focused on improving Plan Compare shopping functionality.

Some of the most consumer-facing examples of improvements are:

• Issues that were preventing some users from proceeding through the income information of the online application have been fixed.
  • Users can now select “weekly,” for the frequency they receive unemployment benefits.

In the Plan Compare shopping:

• When consumers choose a Catastrophic coverage plan, the available dental coverage for that plan now appears properly.
  • When users save plan information in the Plan Compare section, those results now display correctly.

In addition to these software fixes that significantly improve the user experience, we also increased system capacity. This upgrade is part of an ongoing hardware improvement process that will help keep the system stable with growing volume, improving overall system performance.

We have a lot more work to do but as this work to date demonstrates, HealthCare.gov is getting better and improving performance and user experiences each week.  We will continue to make improvements and we won’t stop working until every American who wants it gains access to new options for quality, affordable health coverage.

Comments

Submitted by HenryPatterson on
When I click through under my coverages and applications, it says there is an application pending, which there is not. If I go below that and try to apply, I get to a screen that just hangs.
Submitted by christine on
Are you guys serious? I just was on the site for over two hours. Cant finish the application process for some reason, JUST TO COMPARE THE PLANS! What a disaster. As far as improving the user experience, if it was at all like it was for me tonight as it was in the start of this whole mess, hard to navigate and find whaa you are looking for, God help else. What a disaster!
Submitted by Susan on
The system has added an extra person to my account, who apparently cannot be deleted. The "family and household" section lists my daughter twice, with the same birthdate. Then it chokes when I try to input the social security number (which makes sense, because she only is one person with one social security number). I phoned almost daily from October 5th to October 15th, when they were promising that this problem would be fixed tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. When they changed the estimated fix date to November 15, I let it go for a while. I started trying again a few days before November 15th, and again, no dice. Since November 15th, the system has consistently refused to let the phone operators access my account (even though I can see it). I have now spent about 48 hours fighting with the site, and 8 hours (I checked my phone records) on the phone with healthcare.gov, and I still haven't been able to solve this problem, or submit an application. I am trying to be patient, but given that open enrollment ends pretty soon, I am becoming really frustrated. I see no signs of improvement with any aspect of the system since I first accessed it on October 1st.
Submitted by tom on
system crashes everytime i finish summary on family section, then i have to start over
Submitted by Carla on
I have received notification that I have health insurance after 50 days of agony. I'm going to save almost $500 a month wihout a tax credit in Virginia. DO NOT QUIT. KEEP FIGHTING. It is worth it. It is worth it. It is worth it.
Submitted by Carla on
Here's what I have on my Enroll to do list. Line 1 answer question about your house hold ---- CHANGE Line 2 Select a health care plan 1 (Carla} -----Change LINE 3 Set up dental plan -----Set Line 4 Review and confirm coverage -----Set Line 1 change does not work ! Does anyone know what this means? The 800 number does not.
If there's a checkmark there it means it's done and you can move on to the next one.That's where you answer questions about tobacco use. Did you select a health care plan? If it says "change" I'd think you did. The "Set" means you have to select it to do it. So you have to click "Set" by "Set up dental plan" to either select a dental plan or decline it. And then select "Set" to review and confirm everything.
Submitted by ObamaCare Cancelled My Insurance on
Why do I have to pay HIGHER premiums for insurance that covers LESS? Silly me. You administrators won't approve this comment. I might as well spam your system. :)
Submitted by ObamaCare = GOP Win on
You say you're listening? Well, why don't you listen when the MAJORITY of Americans said they did NOT want ObamaCare. The GOP took the House in 2010 due to the heinous bill. Now, MILLIONS of Americans are without insurance. Are you still listening? Oh, and if you think 2010 was bad, wait until 2014. The Senate will once again be manned by the GOP. Take a guess who will win the White House in 2016. Ding, ding, ding. You won again! The GOP. And it's all due to ObamaCare. *Sits back and relaxes* The democrats caused their own failure. I can't wait to vote! One year, just one year. The website still won't be working by then. LOL!
Submitted by Trey on
Millions of Americans were without insurance before the Affordable Care Act. Many of those have obtained and will obtain insurance because of the Affordable care Act.
Submitted by Mike on
Yesterday I picked a plan and sent it to the Heathcare. gov. I called the said insurance company. They have not received notice. Does anyone know how long it takes. Like 2days ,3days etc etc. Anyone out there know.
Submitted by anonymous on
If you applied by phone and can't see your app online, can you try applying online as well. Does anyone know the answer to this? Can't make any progress talking to reps.
yes you can but first create a new account with a new username, new password, and new email address. Delete cookies and temporary internet files first.
Submitted by Buford on
If I gave a summary report like you just did with all hand waving and no metrics I would be fired...Please stop wasting our time with your meaningless dribble...If you want to report, then report with numbers, percentages, expected completion dates, etc. etc...
Submitted by Barb on
With the help of a navigator, I easily compared plans on the Marketplace and enrolled in a plan on Monday. It took less than an hour.
Submitted by Chantell Reeder on
Currently the system will not allow me to confirm my choices. This was the last stage after selecting a plan. It just hangs up. Do we know if this is being worked on.....
Did you click "Set" and complete each section on the "Enroll To Do List"? Or is it hanging when you click on "Set" to "Review and confirm your coverage"?
Submitted by Phyllis on
I can't get passed about tobacco use. Been stuck there for 2 weeks. Soon it will be too late to get health for January
Does it keep saying your need to review that on the "Enroll To Do List"? Try deleting your cookies and temporary internet files before you login again. If you have green "Set" buttons on that page then click on each of those in sequence to see if you can move forward.
Submitted by Jose L from Lake County, IN on
People who cannot log in since registering in October need to create a new account using different e-mail address and so on. I am now able to log in!
Submitted by Aly on
I could not proceed after entering all of my personal information. When I went back to the page I had filled out, all of my information was gone. I had to fill it out over and over until I gave up. Now the site is just down.
When that happens, first delete your cookies and temporary internet files, log out, close your web browser and login again to see if that fixes it. Unfortunately, the system was down off and on for the last two days.
Submitted by Lindsay on
I have started a spreadsheet which starts on 11/11/13 (the day I got my insurance coverage rate increase letter) to today with a total of 19 logons. I have input my family information in the site a total of 15 times and lost it every time and today the 20th of November I logged (3xs) on to try and received a blank page with just my name on the top. So if you fixed things over the weekend why is the page working less for me that it did previously. Also it does not work for the call-in reps at the Marketplace either. Just be honest with us. I would love to make it through the process and see what this plan has to offer. PS - I am a part-time worker and have not idea how normal full-time workers would have to the time to continually try to log on daily to this site. As I stated before I am willing to share this spreadsheet with any and all who want it, to prove that what we are hearing about the fixes are not true. Florida Resident.
Submitted by Carol on
Even with cookies enabled, Firefox does not play nice with Healthcare.gov.... I signed in on with MS Internet Explorer however and had no problems with account creation and application.
Submitted by Jim on
I completed the application from start to finish with no problem whatsoever. I'm now waiting to hear from my new insurance carrier with a confirmation and the first invoice. I hope THAT process goes smoothly.