Making the Enrollment Process Easier

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

We continue to make measurable progress to improve HealthCare.gov, and to clear items from our punch list that will have a positive impact on consumers applying for and enrolling in quality health coverage.

As of this morning, we’ve completed fixes for two-thirds of the high priority bugs that our tech team working with issuers identified as being responsible for the issues with 834s transactions and Direct Enrollment.

For example:

• We’ve undertaken a fix that ensures a user can select the appropriate relationship to a dependent, such as mother, father or step-parent.
  • Additionally, when a user checks family eligibility, the system now returns the primary tax filer as the primary applicant.

Other fixes that went in last night enhance the user experience by improving the Plan Compare function on Healthcare.gov.

For example:

• We’ve improved the filter for the “annual deductible” section so that it properly shows the minimum and maximum plan deductibles for the plans the user is considering.
  • And we improved the user interface for when users click on the “Details” button of their selected plan.

We expect to make further progress in resolving high priority issues in the coming days, and we know that the work we’ve done will help consumers and issuers complete enrollments accurately and efficiently.

When we talk about enrollment, I want to remind consumers that one way to enroll is by going online directly to Healthcare.gov, but alternative pathways are available – by phone, in person with an assister, and by paper application.

For those who are not subsidy eligible, another way to enroll outside the Marketplace is to work exclusively through an insurer’s website, and never be connected to HealthCare.gov or the Hub.  A calculation of subsidies would need to be reconciled and secured through the Hub.

We continue to work with issuers to improve our system and leverage more ways for consumers to enroll in quality affordable coverage.

Comments

Submitted by Sandra on
Is there a fax number that I can send a document needed for eligibility in order to complete the enrollment process?
Submitted by Susan on
This is a nightmare, I put my first application in online back in October. No one can find that application I D number. So I did another application by phone yesterday. When they finished my application and were about to tell me my eligibility, the computers went down again. They keep telling me to call back in 24 hours. Are there really fixes in the works or are they just placating us unit open enrollment is over, and then they can fine us?
Ms. Batielle, Add this to your punch list: Fix the verification process.
Submitted by Marva on
My application says complete now. And my plan from blue cross bronze plan. But it won't let me go anywhere to pay my 1 st premium . Which I need to get my ins. Started . What button do I punch to pay it. It won't let me . It's getting better I must admit . But I want to pay my premium and get ball rolling how do I do that.
Submitted by Marva on
I want to enroll . Went back in. It's says wait 24 Hrs . To get my exsisting application. It's been way over 24 hrs . But says same thing. They have my application and I have ID number and even chose plan I wanted . Then went to that stupid screen and want let me go any further . I need my plan activated and accepted so I can pay my 1st premium . Help! I need to pull up my application. To finish . Not that 24hr screen. It says I 've tried too many times to pull it up . Duh , I 'm trying to pull it up but IT WONT LET ME . This is ridiculous . I mean time I got cancellation from my Texas health pool . So I need insurance badly. And we shouldn't be penalized cause we can't get obamacare insurance cause we can't get in . Mr , president let it be .... Let us keep our ins. Like you said we could . We now know you lie, America rise up or we 're all screwed . Listen to us Obama , please !!!!!!!!
Submitted by Daniel on
As of December 1, the 'review and enroll' button that completes the enrollment process is not working.
Submitted by Mark on
I want my free obamacare.
Submitted by Stephanie on
I have uploaded my passport twice and mailed a copy of my DL, still stuck on identity verification in progress for almost six weeks. Any advise?
Submitted by Marcy on
My issue for the past 2 months is being unable to view my eligibility results so I can't move forward in getting coverage. About 2 months ago my application was submitted, processed, and completed, and my eligibility results ready for me to view them. However every time I attempt to it pulls up a blank, dead webpage. Every time I call about this issue I am told there is nothing they can do to retrieve my results for me somehow and that I should just keep trying. Can anyone tell me if this is an issue they are working to soon fix? Or what else, if anything, I can do to move forward in the marketplace enrollment process? Thank you!
Submitted by manda on
I'm having the same issue did you get this Dix and what did you do to fix this problem thanks
Submitted by diana on
you made me lock out for 30 min in the middle of my application. ok. went back. logged in w username and password. ok. got in. now you want my ID #----- what ID# ???!!! i can't get back in.!!
Submitted by Naomi cottons on
When in the system it stops. It gets to a certain point and will not go further. People waiting hours to see if it will go further
Submitted by willie Blue on
I am going on medicare. But wife need insurance. It figere on her income or both of our income.
Submitted by Reggie on
I think that its a good thing that the initial enrollment period is being extended to December 23rd to ensure coverage on January 1st. However, consumers have been having issues with the system for almost a month now. It seems that the back end should be extended as well to accommodate those inconvenienced by the earlier glitches in the system.
Submitted by Cheryl on
I made an error on my application & the program will not save my correction. I called the 800# for advice & was told to just start a new application but that recognizes my email address & tells me I already have an application started. I can't go forward & I can't start over. I guess I will just wait.
Call the 800# and ask for a Resolution specialist. It may take a few days for them to call you back with an answer, but they will be able to help you.
Submitted by Ann on
You would need to use a different email address to start a new application. You can create free email addresses at many websites, including Yahoo, Hotmail/Outlook.com, and Google's Gmail. Not ideal, but a popular workaround.
Submitted by Julie on
To Ann: I, too, thought of this for my problem, but wouldn't the system then recognize that your E-mail is registered with your name and deny use due to 2 accounts registered to one name ?
Submitted by Justine on
The CAC training states that you will/cannot get subsidy or Advanced Tax Credit if you enroll in insurance programs outside of the Marketplace. You have indicated above that calculation of subsidies would be reconciled through the hub if a person enrolls in a program outside the market place. Please advise as soon as possible.
Submitted by Alexandra, location Virginia on
Attention Healthcare.gov Managers/ Debuggers: Make sure the Cust. Svc. Reps understand that they can’t “talk an enrollee around the website software”. A CSR tried to do that with me last nite. I have a programming experience, and software doesn’t work that way. Software only responds to code changes, then the changes need testing, which takes time. I now have 2 application IDs on healthcare.gov. One I got on Oct. 23, from the phone interview to enroll, the other I got online in my attempt to view healthcare plans to choose from. Am now waiting for the next step to view available plans.
Submitted by Alisa on
Has anyone been able to view their eligibility results? If so, what's the trick? Thanks.
Submitted by chuck on
the link / button for eligibility results downloads a PDF document. Maybe your browser is quietly ignoring or quietly saving it in a download folder.
Submitted by Patty on
I have been trying to complete my Online application since October. No luck. It goes back an forth about being able to VERIFY my identity. My husband and children are showing up TWICE. I cannot delete them, and I cannot go forward. I had requested an application be mailed to me, which is wasn't, and I finally called in an submitted an application 2 weeks ago and it is still "In Process" Nobody has called me for any additional information, nothing has been fixed on my profile, and I will have NO insurance coverage after December 31. I have hypertension and cardiomyopathy, I do not need this added stress.
Submitted by Yari on
That's one major problem- the eligibility results are not coming back within the 2 weeks (like it says on the paper application) and people aren't being updated on anything. If we could at least get a letter saying that they got the application and it's processing, then that would be better. Because otherwise, people are left wondering if they even got the application. There's so many issues that it's hard to know for sure. I just wish they'd tell us exactly what is going on!
Submitted by Steve on
Julie Bataille, please comment about what will happen to all the issues being flagged on this blog by users. There seems to be lots of feedback and frustrations being logged by users and potential customers of policies on the exchange, if they can only get a response. Are their issues being logged on the punchlist or just being ignored? I am an ACA supporter but very concerned about people's comments being unaddressed. Thanks for commenting on this very soon...