Best Practices for Improvement

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Improvements and enhancements for HealthCare.gov and the Health Insurance Marketplace continue to advance every day.

Yesterday, we reported slowness on the site and some difficulties with users being able to effectively log in.  Today, the system is stable but remains slow for users.  The tech team continues to work to troubleshoot items as they arrive.

Yesterday we experienced new stresses on the system further downstream in the application than we have previously experienced, revealing new capacity issues.  Overnight, the team added hardware to help alleviate that pressure. QSSI, our general contractor, is further assessing overall capacity needs throughout the system as part of our ongoing effort to make improvements.

In addition, QSSI has established a new protocol for addressing items on the punch list. The new protocol includes focusing integrated teams on specific software issues within the application and enrollment process – this includes things such as eligibility, enrollment, and plan compare in particular – prioritizing the fixes in each category and fully testing them prior to implementation.

The performance teams are planning multiple software releases per week going forward.  This will help us execute fixes with the necessary pace and precision.

Because performance teams are dedicated by category, they are becoming increasingly proficient in developing fixes quickly and building an ongoing pipeline of improvements for implementation.  If a fix becomes too complex to deploy rapidly, it is assigned to a dedicated escalation team to address.

This protocol is a best practice approach from the private sector that will help us make progress on our punch list and continuously improve the functionality and performance of HealthCare.gov.

Comments

Submitted by Joi on
I can get to logging in finally but only because I re registered. Prior to that, I kept requesting my login and after about 10 times of requesting and never getting a response I gave up and re registered. Now I get an error message after logging in and can't go any further and live help is useless like normal. Got frustrated, printed the application and mailing it in. If I wait for this darn website, im afraid I won't have insurance by Jan 2014. This is ridiculous and I don't want my application to fall into a huge mass of applications once it finally works...if ever.
Submitted by Jerry on
To paraphrase Ronald Reagen, "Mr. OBAMA, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!"
Submitted by TMartin on
This is my 6th week and still waiting to be identity verified. When will I be verified
Submitted by Cheryl. on
OMG...I entered all my information to application EVERYDAY since it launch...it NEVER saves all the info...it keeps indicating my application is incomplete!!! I re-entered the information 5x's TODAY only to have it STILL not save...UGH!!!!!! I'm beyond frustrated. I called the 800 number and they were no help!!!!!
Submitted by Gloria on
Have been waiting for ARC to call for the past 2 weeks. First time, I was told that ARC "has to call within 5 days (excluding weekends)". Of course, that didn't happen. I called customer service again and learned that there was an error on the application that made the determination erroneous. The rep explained that ARC is the only authority that can change information on an application once submitted. That rep sent an "escalated" summary of the issue to ARC and, once again, I was told that ARC is required to call within 2 - 5 days. Well, strike 2 for ARC. If ARC isn't doing its "required" responsibility, then maybe someone should be looking at putting people in that position that can actually do the job. There are obviously more problems with this process than the website itself. If ARC is "required" to return calls within 5 business days, then why isn't it happening? Is ANYONE being held accountable for not doing their job?
Submitted by Barbara on
I started Oct 2. Have used different browsers and even two different computers. I have finally gotten to "set my premium" which should pull up my plans to compare but now I am getting an error message "unable to connect to hub". It has been a slow go. I am now in the advanced resolution call center but they seem unable to correct anything on their end. Hopefully it will get resolved. I will keep working on this. I suppose I have a higher threshold of frustration compared to the average computer person. I have learned that you need to keep going thru the app even tho you are answering the same questions before it sets. Clear your cache and try other browsers. Good luck.
Submitted by Debbie on
I have been stuck since October 1st. I submit and sign the application- it says it has been received and says hit NEXT to verify my identity and it takes me right back to my application and says my application is incomplete. I talked with experian - they say my identity is verified- under my profile it has a green check that says I am verified but I keep getting a white box that says I have a notice about my identity and NO WAY TO GET THE NOTICE. This is DAY 41 of trying-- COME ON people!!!
Submitted by Emily on
When I log in, I get a screen that says my application is "in process," but when I talk to the Advanced Resolution Center, they say it has completed process and lists us as "eligible." They say, if I happen to call in when they're system is more functional, they can provide me with insurance plans and quotes. However, I haven't been lucky enough to catch them when their system lets them access this information. When will my log-in provide me with the correct status of my account? In the meantime, when can I get plans and quotes from a representative? Thank you, Emily
Submitted by Jerry on
Please address the LOG IN issues. I have read many of commits and nothing has changed.
Submitted by Brian on
Since they have been making "improvements", I am no longer able to login to healthcare.gov. Everytime I enter my login information, and click submit, the page just refreshes and clears out my info. I have cleared my cookies, history, and cache and tried this in 3 different browsers and it is the same thing everytime. I seriously doubt the system is going to be up and running by Nov. 30th.